1st time startup, stops in bios

sausagebag

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
I've built myself a "new" computer, with scrap parts from 2 others ( which was working fine before ).
But now i cant seem to install windows on it, or even enter bios setup for that matter.

It boots up and start's right up at this screen:

rpj4Azq.jpg

I can press "DEL" and it'll change appearence and tell me it's "Entering Setup", but nothing happens from there, and it's the same thing with boot selection order.
It just freezes here.....

The SSD has just been formatted ( NTFS ) for a clean slate.
The USB Flash drive with Windows 10 on it works fine, just used it on another computer.

Any clues as to what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks in advance!

Solution
It may be that the motherboard has a proprietary BIOS that only works with Acer computers (as it says on your screenshot). Try clearing the CMOS. Disconnect from power and take the CMOS battery out for 5 minutes or so. Or it may have some CLR_CMOS pins that you can touch together with a metal screwdriver for a few seconds while the computer is unplugged also.
It may be that the motherboard has a proprietary BIOS that only works with Acer computers (as it says on your screenshot). Try clearing the CMOS. Disconnect from power and take the CMOS battery out for 5 minutes or so. Or it may have some CLR_CMOS pins that you can touch together with a metal screwdriver for a few seconds while the computer is unplugged also.

Solution

sausagebag

Prominent
Oct 27, 2017
Did both, removed the battery and found the CLR_CMOS pins to short.

Thank you so much! You just put an enormous smile on a little boys face half way across the world in Denmark :D