Question 1tb 980 Pro M.2 SSD causing games to lag/freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkanhalykham

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2015
I just purchased a Samsung 980 Pro, 1tb. I moved over a few games to it and they have keep freezing up while playing. It doesnt crash, it just feezes for 5-6 seconds then goes back. I had a couple games on my 500gb ssd that were doing fine, until I moved them over to the m.2. I am aware about using 4.0 on a 3.0 mobo but I dont think that should be a big cause on affecting gameplay this way.
I didn't adjust anything in the bios if that makes a difference. I plugged it in, powered on and it was good to go. I also downloaded Samsung Magician to check on it, it says everything is running good.
Forza Horizon, Call of Duty and Elden Ring (I'm not sure if it's just the game for that one)
Anyone have any ideas? Did I do something wrong? Forget something?

Asus ROG Strix z390-e
i5-9600k
Corsair Dominator 2x8 16gb
EVGA RTX 3070

iTRiP

Honorable
Feb 4, 2019
I have a 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO NVMe drive, and it has been some time using it as my C:\drive since I bought this, and let me tell you as long as you do all the required things, like at least formatting and starting with a fresh win setup and the newly downloading and installing all your software and games fresh you won't have problems.

1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO NVMe is a top quality drive and if your experiencing problems you might want to stick around to find out with the help of some forum members what exactly you have done wrong with your setup and might be some light shed on how to rectify that, so that you can go and play without issues.

I don't have issues, never had a single lag or freeze that could remotely be connected to having a 1TB SAMSUNG 980 PRO NVMe in my pc.

{ I do not recommend updating the drivers or altering the firmware, proven fact, it's not required and might even be the cause of problems}

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS