[SOLVED] 1tb M.2 SSD as an only drive or a cheap m.2 and an hdd

reconmine

Prominent
Dec 21, 2018
Title is pretty self explanatory.
Recently i've been looking at parts since im building my pc really soon, during my research, one of the main things that bothered me was this simple problem.
I am unsure whether i should get a 1TB NVMe M.2 SSD ;Or a cheap 250GB NVMe and a 1TB HDD.
I am still new in the pc building community and was thinking of making the 250GB SSD as my boot drive and the 1TB HDD as my storage drive.
Then again, i'm not sure if its ok to store everything including windows in the 1TB NVMe.
I await further recommendations, thanks in advance.

Solution
Then again, i'm not sure if its ok to store everything including windows in the 1TB NVMe.

Yes it is, absolutely.
Using only SSD, whether NVMe or SATA III, is no problem at all.
It mostly depends on your budget.
But given dropping prices on SSD's, it's hard to justify spinning drives these days.

All my main systems in the house have been SSD only for several years.
The only spinning drives are in or attached to my NAS box.

USAFRet

Titan

Yes it is, absolutely.
Using only SSD, whether NVMe or SATA III, is no problem at all.
It mostly depends on your budget.
But given dropping prices on SSD's, it's hard to justify spinning drives these days.

All my main systems in the house have been SSD only for several years.
The only spinning drives are in or attached to my NAS box.

Solution

slingsrat

Honorable
May 31, 2016
If you can afford it of course go for the single 1TB NVMe. There's really no point buying a mechanical 1TB drive these days. If you were looking at more capacity, say 6TB then yes, a mechanical drive is a good option.

TRENDING THREADS