1TB seagate HDD 2.5" not being detected with divice manager but the light is blinking

bloody_max

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
1TB Seagate extrenal HDD 2.5" not detected with disc manager but the light is blinking when plugged in. Help please!! i have my wedding photos in it!
i already plugged it to an external power supply but its still not working. i got quoted $450 for it and i cant afford that.
i havent used the HDD for 1 year and when i tried to access it today its not working.
Help please!

If she kills you it maybe worth it. :D

Did this exact configuration worked before and by exact I mean this external drive to this particular PC.

Blinking light only means "I am trying, I am trying..." and if blinks forever it means it tries and tries but cannot establish connection, or if light goes out eventually and still nothing it gave up trying after so many retries.

If not already obvious what you should had been doing: another cable, another port, another PC etc.

If none of these work, I would open up the external enclosure, there is, most likely, a SATA drive inside, unplug the SATA cable as well as the power cable from he drive, blow some compressed air into the connectors, re-connect, and see if that helps.

After that, I think the user-searviceable portion of the evening is done.

p.s.: if not obvious if this HD was written by a MAC/Linux box then..... you can't just have Windows automatically recognize it.

bloody_max

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016

Thanks!
I just did this and finished cleaning it.
I plugged it in, the pc still could not recognize it. but when I run the device manager there it was!! it showed up
now my next problem is: the device manager it says

"Disk 1"
"not initialized"
"offline"

what do I do next? ugh! this is so stressful.

This is bad news. This means Windows thinks "am not reading anything recognizable, or am reading all zeroes, it must be a new drive, so the only think I can do to it is to initialize it (FORMAT!).

We have come to that portion of the evening folks, spend the $$ for recovery or not, and they don't guarantee you success.

bloody_max

Commendable
Oct 28, 2016
update: so i grew some balls and decided to open up the HD. found out that the reader was stuck. so i "unstucked" it. now device manager can detect it. the problem is its "unallocated" i updated the driver and everything. but i cant seem to label it with a driver letter.

i used testdisk photo recovery but the app could not detect it.. i Used EaseUS recovery wizard at 50% and still not showing me any recoverable photos or data.

Can someone direct me to the right direction please.