Question 1TB toshiba hard drive making connecting sound but not showing up in File Explorer,disk management or device management

Apr 30, 2020
I have a 1TB Toshiba hard drive that make the connecting sound but not showing up in File Explorer,disk management or device management and it not the hard drive,cable or ports because i tested the drive on my laptop. And i test the cable and ports with another hard drive that work the most odd thing is that it was working just the other day.

Last edited:

popatim

Titan
First see if you need to assign the drive a letter in disk management.

if that doesn't work then in device manager, delete or uninstall it and allow drivers to be removed. Then unplug it for a minute and plug it back in. This will reload the drivers.

popatim

Titan
Oh thats good, I don't think Toshiba's have any external drives that are pure USB so if the drive isn't under warranty then you can open the drive up and remove it, disconnect the USB interface board, and connect it directly to a PC or install it into another USB dock/enclosure.

Apr 30, 2020
Oh thats good, I don't think Toshiba's have any external drives that are pure USB so if the drive isn't under warranty then you can open the drive up and remove it, disconnect the USB interface board, and connect it directly to a PC or install it into another USB dock/enclosure.
How can i do that

TRENDING THREADS