1x8GB 2133MHz for Ryzen (5) 1600?

Mar 5, 2018
Hello there, as the title says, I am now using 1x8GB 2133MHz ddr4 and I don't want to change it because of enormous RAM prices... Will Ryzen 1600 be "stuttering mess" paired with 1x8GB 2133MHz ddr4 or it will run smoothly? (I consider upgrading my RAM to faster and 2x8GB capacity at the end of the year).
I can't find "verified" test/benchmark with this combination of CPU+RAM.
I will pair my CPU with GTX1070 or equivalent card that will hopefully come this year in the new GPU generation...
I will mostly play AAA games, new and older ones; from 2013 to today and forward (on very high/ultra settings), as well as trending games (PUBG, GTA5, RL...) and I will occasionally do some "work" in 3DS Max Studio and programs from Adobe family...

Just to be clear: I will NEVER OC my CPU.

Thank you so much in advance, I am really in a problem with understanding this, someone says that 2133 will be OK, nothing special, others say that every game will stutter...

You will be fine, stuttering happens from other reasons, certainly not dual or single channel memory (if anything, it can be due to overall lack of memory, but 8GB will be fine for now). However, it is still the best idea to buy 2x8GB 2666MHz or faster memory immediately, and not delay it. Why? Because they need to be identical. If you buy 1 stick now, it will be hard to buy identical one later. And Ryzens are very picky regarding memory.

While it's true that for optimal performance you want the fastest dual channel ram you can get your hands on its hardly going to be a 'stuttering mess'.

You are going to lose some performance from single channel 2133mhz ram.

Depends what you are comparing it with though in all honesty.
Compared to 3200mhz dual channel it's a 20% performance difference.

On a 60htz screen with a mid range gpu that isn't going to be an issue.

On a 100htz+ screen with a higher end card it is.

[video="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u827fdCOCao&feature=youtu.be"][/video]

Mar 5, 2018

I have 1080p60HZ and I won't upgrade to better any soon (roughly in 10-15 years...)
I will get either GTX1060 or GTX1070, depends on what CPU I buy because I am choosing from i7-8700(non K) and Ryzen 1600, considering I have slow RAM, that goes in favor of the Intel and considering that I'll need aftermarket cooler for i7, that goes in favor of the AMD Ryzen.

The reason I would like to get i7 was that I will be ready for future and don't need to even think about changing CPU for next 10 years I hope. If I go with Ryzen, I can get a far better GPU (I mean I can get a GPU earlier than if I would buy i7) and I don't need to get aftermarket cooler, the only problem will be RAM that I can only upgrade at the end of this year. So I am sticking with my 1x8GB 2133Mhz for now.

Sukkafish

Reputable
Jun 7, 2017

You said you would never OC your CPU, but would you OC your ram? You could probably get 2666 on a RAM OC, which would help out performance.

at 60htz youre not really going to see a difference between the i7 & the ryzen - If its a buy once scenario for both cpu & gpu I would 100% take a ryzen 1600 + gtx 1070 over an i7 8700 & a 1060 personally.

Ram speeds affect intel performance nearly sa much as ryzen anyway - its just that the i7 will push more fps in the first place.

Your issue with buying ryzen is it has no integrated graphics in the first place - you need some form of dedicated gpu in there from the outset.
If you already have an old gpu you can use for the time being then fine,if you don't then consider the i5 8400 +gtx 1070 as another viable option.

Mar 5, 2018

I have 1x8GB (DDR4) 2133MHZ Crucial ram, I don't know how much I can push it without getting it hot.