2.0.1 alpha 39

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

Hi all,

here's alpha 39: http://www.ttdpatch.net/src/

Among the usual bug fixes, there are again a number of new switches.
Csaba has implemented "moreanimation", which allows more tiles of the map
to be animated. This will be important when new animated houses and
(later) stations become available, because currently only 256 tiles may
have animation.

Marijn has written the "newhistory" switch. This adds a new window that
displays a history of all recent news messages, which you can open from
the news menu.

Finally, I've written a new switch called "wagonspeedlimits" that
introduces speed limits for all cargo wagons, with livestock wagons being
the slowest and goods and valuables being the fastest (passengers and
mail are unlimited by default). This adds a new dimension and strategic
complexity to the game by adding the challenge of having fast passenger
trains and slow cargo trains on the same network. Try it out, it's fun
:)

I've also completely rewritten the refitting system. This means there
might be new bugs there, although I've tested it a lot. It is now
possible for new graphics sets to define cargo "subtypes", to allow you
to distinguish between various types of Goods for example, such as "Goods
(Cars)", "Goods (Petroleum)" etc. All vehicles can now be directly
refitted to these subtypes, if the .grf file supports this new
convention.

The last major change was a potentially great improvement for the AI.
Now it is possible for new graphics sets to "teach" the AI how to use
them properly, for example which rail wagons to build for what services.
This was already possible, but now it's been extended to rail engines,
road vehicles, ships, aircraft and even stations. Look forward to
updated versions of your favourite sets taking advantage of this, if you
can stand playing with the AI players :)

Have fun!

Josef.

All changes in 2.0.1 alpha 39:
- fixed hang when selecting new station class
- fixed longer bridges switch not working
- prevent hang if action 2 refers to its own ID (now it's an error)
- added Csaba's changes from 2.0.1 alpha 38 VCS:
* allow new town buildings to be animated
* new switch "moreanimation" to allow more tiles to be
animated, so animation can work in big towns with lots of
buildings
- by Marijn: new switch "newshistory" (-XH) adds window with history
of recent news messages, open from info menu
- new switch "wagonspeedlimits" sets speed limits for cargo wagons
- veh. var 42 now also returns most common refit cycle of the cargo
type in byte cc as well as a mask of user-definable bits (set by
new prop.25)
- speed up grapics display with many vehicles by caching vehicle
variables 40-42
- fixed bug with refitting not resetting some vehicle callbacks
(length, visual effect etc.)
- fixed bug with plane refitting always using default cargo
selection
- (devel) renamed trnrefit.asm to refit.asm and moved other vehicle
refit stuff there too
- changed refitting to show all sub-types of a cargo if the vehicle
is using callback 19
- Cht: Graphics now opens the GRF status window instead
- GRF status window now indicates which grf file is selected
- allow AI to build steam/diesel loco on electrified routes
- (devel) made runindex list automatic; use ijmp/icall for indirect
jmps/calls
- implement AI station graphics selection
- added changes from Csaba's 2.0.1 alpha 38 vcs 2:
* added callback 1C for new houses: called if the construction
state changes, can be used to modify animation
* added GRF variables 13-16 (93-96 for action D) to specify the
size of the refresh rectangle of tiles
* fixed a bug that caused house gameIDs to leak while loading,
and eventually prevented TTDPatch from loading games with new
house GRFs on.
* house animations are now disabled in the scenario editor,
which doesn't handle animations correctly
* added new cheat: "Cht: RestartConst" to restart the
construction of the house under the sign. Useful for GRF
authors to check out the construction stages.
- fixed funding industries construction the wrong type of factory in
the tropical climate
- fixed Cht: Resetvehicles resetting graphics selection to default
- Cht: Resetvehicles (and grf status apply button) did not properly
freeze the values at 2050 values after the year 2050
- added disasters, mousewheel, plantmanytrees and toylandfeatures as
bit switches

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
---------------------------------+---------------------------------------

Archived from groups: alt.games.microprose.transport-tyc (More info?)

I typoed on Mon, 15 Nov 2004 00:52:29 -0600:
> Marijn has written the "newhistory" switch. [...]

Sorry about the typo, this switch is called "newshistory".

--

Josef Drexler wrote:
>Among the usual bug fixes

I think it needs another one!

Mine crashes every time when I do this:
Open a hanger.
Build New Aircraft.
Refit Aircraft for mail.
Delete Aircraft.
Build New Aircraft.

--
Neil Sunderland
Braunton, Devon

Please observe the Reply-To address

Neil Sunderland wrote on Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:20:01 +0000:
> Josef Drexler wrote:
> >Among the usual bug fixes
>
> I think it needs another one!
>
> Mine crashes every time when I do this:
> Open a hanger.
> Build New Aircraft.
> Refit Aircraft for mail.
> Delete Aircraft.
> Build New Aircraft.

Ah yes, thanks. Great bug report, made it easy to fix it. I wish all
of them were like that :)

Well, alpha 40 should be out soonish...

--
Josef Drexler | http://publish.uwo.ca/~jdrexler/
Please help Conserve Gravity | Email address is *valid*.
Put the toilet seat down. | Don't remove the "nospam" part.