[SOLVED] 2.0 speakers with sub.

May 1, 2020
Hello, today I saw a used sub for 30$ and it got me thinking, I have a budget of around 80eur to spend on an audio setup, what if I bought 2.0 speakers for aound 40-50eur and then combined them with the sub, or should I better buy the Logitech z533 speakers 2.1.

Solution
Buying a separate sub could be problematic connectivity-wise.

Best to buy a 2.1 speaker system which will already come with a pre-wired sub as part of the speaker setup.

Logitech is a quality manufacturer so you should be fine with one of their 2.1 systems.

Best to buy a 2.1 speaker system which will already come with a pre-wired sub as part of the speaker setup.

Logitech is a quality manufacturer so you should be fine with one of their 2.1 systems.

Solution
May 1, 2020

Alright will do, I guess I will go with the speakers I mentioned, but maybe you have a better suggestion for speakers at that price point?

Didnt know about the remote speakers but the sub was a JBL SCS 75

In theory yes you can get that sub and use a set of speakers with it, but that is not a powered sub, so you will need to buy a receiver or an amp to use with that sub and a set of speakers. By the time you buy all you need you will be over the cost of a good 2.1 system especially if you buy one used. Klipsh ProMedia 2.1 used will be in your price range if you can find some in your area. Logitech Z623 is also an option. If new, the one you picked is fine also.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
what i find is folks like to spend a lot on too good of a set-up. then never really get a chance to let it lose to do all it can.

i have a 2.1 set-up i bought a long time ago that is too much for the house. i can't really crank it up without bugging everyone else in the house and possibly my neighbors lol.

think i might have paid $40 when i got them but its been a while so can't recall fully

unless you live alone on a farm with no one around for miles, don't bother spending crazy money on sound. others in the house and those close by (especially if you're in an apartment/dorm type arrangement) will never let you fully use that expensive set-up anyway!!

a decent $40-50 kit should more than ample for the average user.