2 1080P monitors or 1 4K monitor?

Snypherz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Hello everyone I'm buying new monitors but I've ran into a bit of a problem.

Should I buy 2 1080P monitors or 1 4K monitor?

For the 4K monitor I was thinking: Samsung 28" UHD590 Monitor
2 1080P: Dell UltraSharp 24" Monitor

It's going to be for gaming and work.

Also my GPU is the GTX 670, any advice would be great!

Thanks!

EDIT: Also is there much difference between the dell and these Samsungs? They're a lot cheaper.

http://www.dicksmith.com.au/samsung-24-series-3-d390-monitor-dsau-xc9309

Solution
Dell monitors (especially the ULTRA-SHARP lineup) come pre calibrated out of the box, generally have a much better colour spectrum and contrast ratio, and just look goddamn better. If however you are going for the bang for buck you could buy two or so, slightly bigger samsung monitors for the same price. Overall I highly recommend the DELL ULTRA-SHARP lineup for 1080p, I highly recommend the U2412M (1200p), if you can find one.

fudoka711

Distinguished

I agree. I also have a gtx 670 and I've been using a two monitor set-up for play and work for a couple years now. It works great! The gtx 670 would not be able to handle playing games on a 4k monitor unless you turned down the resolution to 2560x1440 (which would be a waste of a 4k monitor).

Dell's Ultrasharp series is really good, actually. I use one that's also 24".

Snypherz

Honorable
Mar 9, 2013
Okay thanks everyone, so it comes down to the Dell vs Samsung monitors? What are the differences between these two? Why are the Dell ones nearly double the price?

Snowsnooks

Reputable
Feb 4, 2015
Dell monitors (especially the ULTRA-SHARP lineup) come pre calibrated out of the box, generally have a much better colour spectrum and contrast ratio, and just look goddamn better. If however you are going for the bang for buck you could buy two or so, slightly bigger samsung monitors for the same price. Overall I highly recommend the DELL ULTRA-SHARP lineup for 1080p, I highly recommend the U2412M (1200p), if you can find one.

Solution