2 12v rail means , doubled the amount of pcie wires ?!

Ekjyot

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016
Hey guys m bit confused with this !
A 3 x12v rail psu
Which mean 12v1 ,12v2 ,12v3... And so on.....

If i buy 12v1 and 12v1 ,which mean multi 12v rail ! Then will there'll be double pcie cable that powers my AMD RADEON 6850 ?!
I mean my current psu have 1 x (6 + 2) and it have 12v @ 34A pcie cable ,so..if i buy multi rail psu ,like 12v1 and 12v2 ,will there'll be 2 pcie cable? I mean that pcie cables amps will be divided ? And then ill be need of buying a new gpu which have 2 pcie slots ! Oh..god plz someone explain me this sh!t !

THANK YOU !

ActuLl it isnt a sh!t ,its me sh!tting overe here ! -_-

Plzpl ! Help meh !

Solution
Multiple rails only related to amps that are divided among them, the amount of cable you'll get depends upon the particular PSU,wattage.
You don't have to buy a GPU that has any specific number of pci slot, it depends on PSU,weather the PSU has all the cables required for the GPU or not.

If your GPU has 6+2 pci slots, you'll need one 6 pin and one 2 pin cable and connect it, just as you have done it before. All PSU has same method.

SPgamer007

Honorable
Multiple rails only related to amps that are divided among them, the amount of cable you'll get depends upon the particular PSU,wattage.
You don't have to buy a GPU that has any specific number of pci slot, it depends on PSU,weather the PSU has all the cables required for the GPU or not.

If your GPU has 6+2 pci slots, you'll need one 6 pin and one 2 pin cable and connect it, just as you have done it before. All PSU has same method.

Solution

Ekjyot

Reputable
Jan 11, 2016

THANK YO MY bro !

That mean it ie is clear that , if the 12v rail is divided by 10.20 or 100 there wont be no effect on wire ! All happen inside psu itself ! Nothin is related with wires ,thx alot !