[SOLVED] (2) 140mm exhaust fans and (3) 120mm intake is it good airflow ?

Jul 1, 2018
Hi
I have NZXT H700i case and it has built-in 3 120mm intake fans in the front and 1 140mm exhaust in the rear

I bought 2 extra 140mm noctua nf-a14 PWM chromax and i placed it on the top as exhaust

But i did more research and some says that more intake is best for cooling and some says vice versa that exhaust is best

So what should i do should i remove 1 of the top exhaust fans and end it up with 2 exhaust and 3 intake or i should keep it 3 140mm exhaust and 3 120mm intake.

Solution
1. Please don't bump your thread. Patience is the key.

2. Your current config is just fine. You're simply trying to move air through the case, which it is currently doing.

It is very easy to go down the rabbit hole of fan config minutiae

There is no One True Way. Your particular combination of GPU, CPU cooler, case, cable management is different than every other PC on the planet.

Are you currently experiencing any temperature issues? If no, then leave it alone.

USAFRet

Titan
1. Please don't bump your thread. Patience is the key.

2. Your current config is just fine. You're simply trying to move air through the case, which it is currently doing.

It is very easy to go down the rabbit hole of fan config minutiae

There is no One True Way. Your particular combination of GPU, CPU cooler, case, cable management is different than every other PC on the planet.

Are you currently experiencing any temperature issues? If no, then leave it alone.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS