2 24" monitors vs 1 27" monitor and 1 24" monitor

• Thread starter Deleted member 1733460
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1733460

So I am debating whether I should buy two Viewsonic XG2401 (£217 each), or an Asus MG279Q (£470). If I were to buy the Asus, I would use my current Samsung screen as a second monitor, but then I would have different sized monitors. So my question is, would it be better to buy two Viewsonic, or spend a little more and buy an Asus 1440p monitor and keep my current one? I mostly game on my computer, and would use the one monitor to game and the other to watch a YouTube video or something. Thanks

Solution
I'm assuming you aren't going for an eyefinity setup with only two screens. If you are just extending the desktop to the other monitor I'd get the 27". Game on that, have other stuff open on the smaller one.

If you were planning on hooking the monitors together in an eyefinity setup I suggest you don't. Two screens is going to leave the crosshair in the bezels and shooters will become impossible.

Just get the 27" monitor. In your case that's the way to go.

damoisture

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2008

I use 2 different size monitors at work on both my standing (22" and 20") and my sitting (23" and 15.4") setups, and it's just fine for me. I have found that certain tasks lend themselves to the smaller monitor and vice versa, so it all works out!

rule of thumb when it comes to multi-monitor setups is to have them both the same size so you don't have to deal with having 2 different resolutions on both monitors which can become a headache with picture quality and other things. ideally having both the same exact monitor so you can have the same picture quality on both monitors

4745454b

Titan
I'm assuming you aren't going for an eyefinity setup with only two screens. If you are just extending the desktop to the other monitor I'd get the 27". Game on that, have other stuff open on the smaller one.

If you were planning on hooking the monitors together in an eyefinity setup I suggest you don't. Two screens is going to leave the crosshair in the bezels and shooters will become impossible.

Just get the 27" monitor. In your case that's the way to go.

Solution
D

Deleted member 1733460

So, would you say it would be worth paying another £40 or so to get 1440p 144Hz? I have heard some very positive things about 1440p, but I don't know if paying so much for one monitor is worth it

TRENDING THREADS