Question 2-3 sec delay after start the pc

hhkkttnn123

Reputable
May 3, 2018
Hello everyone, I have a question.

My pc is brand new, I bought all components new, and I have an xpg reactor core 850w gold.
When I unplug my pc and press the power button (get rid of statical electricity) I press the power button 1 time and after 2-3 seconds delay it starts. At the second boot, if I don't unplugged it, it doesn't delays.

Is it normal 2-3 sec delays when no power load?

Yes, because when you remove power from the system entirely it needs to run through some basic checks including a memory training check if you don't have the memory fast boot feature enabled.

But for the record, why in the world are you doing this?

When I unplug my pc and press the power button (get rid of statical electricity)

Unless you are working inside the case and adding or removing components, etc., there is absolutely no need EVER to do this unless there is an electrical storm in the area and you are unplugging it for protective purposes. Under normal circumstance, if there is no impending risk of an electrical even and you are not working on the inside of the case, there is no reason to unplug the PC, OR to turn off the switch on the back of the power supply. Ever.

hhkkttnn123

Reputable
May 3, 2018
Yes, because when you remove power from the system entirely it needs to run through some basic checks including a memory training check if you don't have the memory fast boot feature enabled.

But for the record, why in the world are you doing this?

Unless you are working inside the case and adding or removing components, etc., there is absolutely no need EVER to do this unless there is an electrical storm in the area and you are unplugging it for protective purposes. Under normal circumstance, if there is no impending risk of an electrical even and you are not working on the inside of the case, there is no reason to unplug the PC, OR to turn off the switch on the back of the power supply. Ever.
Yes I know, I'm doing this test for just suspicious reasons like "is my brand new PSU broken?" And addition to that, my old 550w pc was running directly even after unplugging, but probably it was needing less power so it can run directly with 0 delays.

Okay then thank you, if you're saying it's fine, okay I got it.
@DSzymborski @Darkbreeze

Have i nice day.