Question 2.4GHz channel management

I have two routers successfully setup one as an AP and the other as a main router. They are hardwired at opposite ends of a large house.

I recently changed the 2.4GHz channel to avoid microwave operation interference.

Should I match the main and the AP to the same channel or should they be different?

Thanks in advance

First it all likely doesn't matter...you have lots of neighbors and many other non wifi devices that operate in the same bands.

Next most people use 40mhz radio bands for the speed. There is only 60mhz total so you can not use 2 radios without them overlapping no matter what you do.

SO....
Your best option is to turn the radio power down on both units so they overlap as little as possible but the area mid way between still gets coverage. Will take lots of trial and error since having a door open or closed can make a huge difference.

With little overlap the frequencies choice does not matter as much since it is only in the area of overlap you have interference.

You can if you want to be limited by the 20mhz bandwidth have non overlapping channels even if they are close to each other but again unless you live out in the middle of nowhere you have many neighbors using the same radio channels.

TRENDING THREADS