2.4GHz wifi drops while 5GHz keep working.

AlkinP

Distinguished
Mar 22, 2010
Hello all!

I have a dual band router MyNet N900. For some reason at time 2.4GHz band stop connecting to internet while 5GHz keep working fine. Anyone have any idea what could that be?

On the computer connected via 2.4GHz i can ping the router but not connected to internet.

More: If i loging into my router using 5GHz connection and change 2.4 channel it starts working....for some time, day or so...then hangs again.

Solution
Yes, it's probably a 2,4 GHz channel issue.

A wifi network scanner will help you determine which channel has the less interference.

Maybe you have a wifi device at home which interferes (my Roku has its own wifi router as well as my wifi printer) or a neighbor's network is encroaching on your channel.

Good luck!

Lefteris Fousteris

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2013
there could be a conflict between 2,4ghz channels while not many people use 5ghz channels, search for options in your router like, automatic channel or download an app on your phone called wifi analyser and go to the channels section and see what channels are clear and change the 2,4 ghz channel number to that number

br00n0

Reputable
Nov 18, 2015
Yes, it's probably a 2,4 GHz channel issue.

A wifi network scanner will help you determine which channel has the less interference.

Maybe you have a wifi device at home which interferes (my Roku has its own wifi router as well as my wifi printer) or a neighbor's network is encroaching on your channel.

Good luck!

Solution
Apr 5, 2018

FYI, I had the exact same problem and changed from Auto to a specific channel. The 2.4 network worked fine after that.