Question 2.5 Year Old PC Keeps freezing and while installing Windows gives a WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR

Sep 26, 2019
So I had been dealing with this problem for a while, but recently it got worse. So around 3 days ago I needed to reinstall Windows because with a recent Windows 10 Update, it bricked Windows Update and deleted all of my restore points. So I decided to reinstall Windows, but this time switch to Windows 8.1 or 7. (My computer has full driver support for Windows 7/8.1, the full part list is here). So anyway, I tried to install Windows 8.1, but then I was hit with the bluescreen WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR. At that point, I literally didn't want to deal with it. So two days later, we find ourselves here. First I try removing the M.2 drive and firing up a Ubuntu 18.04 LTS USB. It freezes. I unplug both my hard drive and optical drive and disable the SATA Controller. It freezes. So at this point I re-added the M.2 drive and installed Windows 10 using my Windows 10 install DVD. Then I followed the temporary solution at this link and partitioned a space for a attempt Windows 7 USB Install, and then, it froze. At this point, I have no idea what to do, so if any of you see this and have any idea to help me with this, help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS