2,500 Players Banned From Cheating in MW2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I think VAC sucks. I notice more cheaters on VAC games than any Punkbuster games I play. I'd like to know what specific cheats have been going around since I've played plenty of people already who I suspect of cheating. But of course with the matchmaking, you can't ban anyone or even vote kick. Still, despite the complaints about no dedicated servers, I don't mind matchmaking so far as long as I use Team Deathmatch Express and just have to wait a few seconds between games.

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
if i ask for this for christmas only to land on a server w\ a bunch of hacking 12 year olds... ima be pissed.

i don't want to get it on ps3 because FPS are much better on PC... so the idea of not being able to kick or ban hackers is a little troublesome.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
I wonder how many people will try to fight Steam on being banned.

It's so silly when they piss everyone off by cheating and then get pissed themselves when they don't read the T&C to the letter. Who's the bitch now?

itadakimasu

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
[citation][nom]ssalim[/nom]2500? Well that's just about 99% of legit purchasers (PC). Lol.[/citation]
I was going to buy it last week for PC but they didn't have any @ frys. FPS on console is pretty stupid... it's way too hard for me to aim w\ analog stick.

Luker3

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2008
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]if i ask for this for christmas only to land on a server w\ a bunch of hacking 12 year olds... ima be pissed.i don't want to get it on ps3 because FPS are much better on PC... so the idea of not being able to kick or ban hackers is a little troublesome.[/citation]

Server? There are no servers, silly.

I am in favor of VAC over punkbuster. Sure PB might have been better at automatically stopping cheaters without human intervention, but it is also good at kicking fair users that don't hack by kicking them because they are using an XFire overlay or because PB failed to update itself.

Also, no one would care about PB or VAC if there were dedicated servers that could be moderated.

superblahman123

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]the question you should ask is "how many of these "cheaters" are just guys that hacked the game only to add mods to it ?" personally i think this game is a turd on pc , and i have boycotted it , in fact i have no desire to even look at this turd ... i mean game.[/citation]

It doesn't matter whether their intentions or actions are ethically legit or not, violating the T&C that comes with the software voids any rights you have regarding use of the software. These guys will be lucky if they are even allowed to use single player after this is over. Steam is the Big Brother of the video gaming world.

They could just get another Steam account and buy the game again, thats prally the best 2nd chance they have.

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
There is no real aiming in consoles. You just need to get it somewhere in the reticle for it to count as a hit. That is if someone is not lagging and it does not count the rounds fired at all. Consoles are lagging more than I expected. I was on the 360 for 30 minutes waiting for the game to find a stable host. When it did finally connect, we were on for 5 minute before it tried to establish another host. What is sad is that this has gone on since release. Not only does the match making system suck, it makes baby jesus wet himself.

gwolfman

Distinguished
Jan 31, 2007
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]I was going to buy it last week for PC but they didn't have any @ frys. FPS on console is pretty stupid... it's way too hard for me to aim w\ analog stick.[/citation]
Amen!

datawrecker

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2009
[citation][nom]superblahman123[/nom]It doesn't matter whether their intentions or actions are ethically legit or not, violating the T&C that comes with the software voids any rights you have regarding use of the software. These guys will be lucky if they are even allowed to use single player after this is over. Steam is the Big Brother of the video gaming world.They could just get another Steam account and buy the game again, thats prally the best 2nd chance they have.[/citation]

Naaaaa, I have been banned many times from Steam. Valve states that they sometimes ban repeat offenders permanently, but I have never seen that happen and in the majority of cases users are allowed back in less than a years time. Don't kid yourself, Valve is not looking out for you. The more eligible users it has the more money it rakes in from ads. It has taken several weeks to find the first round of hackers. It is all part of the process, once you get banned you create another hack manipulating another part of the system to get what you want. Do you realize that there are hacks available for VAC monitored games that have been in the wild for YEARS and have not been seen. This is what MW2 is facing on all platform fronts. When games are ported from one platform to another any vulnerability in one system is present in all systems. It only took a week to get the console and dedicated server online for MW2. How much time do you think it will take for some of these cheats to start filtering over.

MrHectorEric

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2009
I don't see how this would affect anyone, except now the cheaters have to make a new steam account. They are probably playing with illegal copies of the game anyways and steam is free to download and install. So 2500 people have been inconvenienced and have to create a new steam account, big deal. They are all probably back online and playing.

Coming from a long time background of CS, VAC is pretty worthless. The game is 6-8 years old (CS and CS:S) and there are still hackers that have to be banned by server admins. What's funny is Bowling's terminology, that he thinks 2500 is a lot and wielding a "ban hammer" is ridiculous. This guy has no clue. It's purely a PR stunt and no one has been affected.

AtuBrian

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2008
[citation][nom]itadakimasu[/nom]if i ask for this for christmas only to land on a server w\ a bunch of hacking 12 year olds... ima be pissed.i don't want to get it on ps3 because FPS are much better on PC... so the idea of not being able to kick or ban hackers is a little troublesome.[/citation]
that means that your probably a little 12 year old aswell since your gonna ask mommy and daddy to buy u this for chrismas since u cant buy it yourself

G

hmm thats weird I have been playing on 360 for I guess about 2 total days now. I haven't played with a cheater yet.... weird PC gaming is dead guys get over it.

ram1009

Distinguished
[citation][nom]tomsman123[/nom]hmm thats weird I have been playing on 360 for I guess about 2 total days now. I haven't played with a cheater yet.... weird PC gaming is dead guys get over it.[/citation]

Why would you say somethng so moronic? What difference does it make to you what platform anybody uses? Personally, I'll quit gaming before I use a console but I couldn't care less what you do.

MountainFlip

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2005
To preface, I casually play the multiplayer MW2 (~roughly 4 hours per week at most).

So far, I find the multiplay to be fantastic. It takes roughly 2 clicks and 30 seconds at most to log onto a match with a great connection. When the host leaves (which isn’t too often), play is frozen until a new host is found. It is not a big deal as many of these HATERS claim.

I have experienced some cheaters where their Frag Rate is 5x the other players. It is obvious they are cheating, yet I still found it fun to play.

Whenever I read about this game, all I see are the haters posting about how this game sucks, no dedicated servers sucks, the dev’s don’t listen to their # 1 community, blah blah blah...

In my opinion, the multiplayer experience is amazing. The gameplay is great. The graphics are great, the User Interface and menus are great. I see nothing in game that actually "sucks". In fact, the only thing that sucks about this game is my fragging skills AND the small group of haters throughout the world wide web that have dedicated their lived to posting messages about how bad this game is.

As for this article’s topic and MW2’s move to VAC from Punkbuster, I was an AAO player for at least half a decade. I believe that Punkbuster had their chance and FAILED. It is nice to hear that VAC is acting on their responsibilities and banning people.

sinner01

Distinguished
May 29, 2009
I've only seen maybe 2 hackers during my whole time leveling to 70.
(blatant hackers, who actually spam'd in the chat box where to purchase the hacks, as they were hacking)

so.. 2,500 hackers seems great to me.

roadrunner343

Distinguished
Aug 22, 2009
Mountain Flip,

So the loss of Dedicated servers and the ability to kick/vote on your own server is a perk too, I take it? I'm all for saying it's a good game, but how in the world can you fault those who are upset about some very basic features that have been included in nearly ever FPS for the past 10 years?

Modern Warfare 2 did not advance the series at all. If you play on your console and love it (Or on PC, even) fine, that is great for you. However, if you are too stupid to understand why some players are upset about the absence of some basic features, then God help us all.

Sequels are supposed to expand on features. If every new game slowly took away one feature at a time and said "Come on people, quit whining, it's just one feature..." we would all be playing terrible games. The fact is, dedicated servers is a big deal to some and not a big deal to others. I, however, am one that find it to be a big deal and have not purchased the game because of it. I don't complain because you purchased the game, so why do you complain about us not buying it? Get over yourself.

2,500 only? Last night I spotted more than 20 aimbots and wallhackers.... VAC sucks, plain and simple....You can tell by just looking at the replay, the lack of dedi servers is the one key factor why the game has so many hackers. And the fact that many got to level 70 by downloading a simple hack makes it even more embarrassing for IW and AV....

Funny thing was that MW1 didn't take the same hit as MW2 as far as hacks go, in MW1 you try that hack bullshi* and you get banned by the admin in less than 5 sec.... If server is not being monitored at the time, it really won't matter cause once the admin comes in it's bye bye to that ip #, meaning if you wanted to play the game again it would have to be under another ip#/pc... making it a tad harder to cheat and better for us the legit skilled players. If PB was flawed who knows what VAC will do, IMO VAC will do nothing compared to what PB has done regardless of the updating issue and others PB might have...Dedi servers is what everyone is used to on a PC. You take that away and you leave us with nothing.... Bottom line, MW2 is not what it was supposed to be.

Ghost_Roadie

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2009
i'm a little surprised there isnt more legal action being taken against the confirmed hackers, since they are modifying the original product to do something it is not intended for they have full ground to sue anyone found to be modifying the code.
i don't mind the occasional look hack for guys wanting to play as superman or master-chief (you usually find them on the less populated matches)
but that one which recodes the knife into the dog search and kill control is just plain unfair, you'll also find most people who do hack, are quite bad at the game when they are not using hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.