[SOLVED] 2 5700xts

Redline090

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019
What would be the pros and cons of running 2 5700xts? I have a Red Devil 5700xt and was thinking about getting another. Could I game with them, as in, would both be used for more performance in gaming or would the system run off just one since crossfire is no more? Thanks

Solution
What would be the pros and cons of running 2 5700xts? I have a Red Devil 5700xt and was thinking about getting another. Could I game with them, as in, would both be used for more performance in gaming or would the system run off just one since crossfire is no more? Thanks

There really isn't a pro. AMD no longer supports it, it scales poorly, it's power-hungry, and you get poor value for your money.

Essentially, to make it work, you have to be the world's biggest Ashes of the Singularity player, since that has explicit multi-GPU support. Most DX12 games don't even support it because consumers using multiple GPUs was always uncommon and it's not worth the effort to most software makers or the GPU companies.

There's just no good...

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant

There really isn't a pro. AMD no longer supports it, it scales poorly, it's power-hungry, and you get poor value for your money.

Essentially, to make it work, you have to be the world's biggest Ashes of the Singularity player, since that has explicit multi-GPU support. Most DX12 games don't even support it because consumers using multiple GPUs was always uncommon and it's not worth the effort to most software makers or the GPU companies.

There's just no good reason to do this in 2020.

Solution

Redline090

Reputable
Oct 17, 2019

There's just no good reason to do this in 2020.
Alright, thanks!