[SOLVED] 2.5k AUD Gaming Build

Nov 19, 2020
Approximate Purchase Date: e.g.: this week

Budget Range: (2500 AUD) After Shipping

System Usage from Most to Least Important: (Gaming, Home) I don't need it to run new games on ultra settings. Just play casually on normal settings.

Are you buying a monitor: Yes

Parts to Upgrade: Everything. Brand new Custom PC.

Do you need to buy OS: No.

Preferred Website(s) for Parts:

www.pccasegear.com.au
www.scorptec.com.au
www.ple.com.au

Or any other Australian Custom PC Build site. I want a site that builds it for me and ships it ready.

Parts Preferences: None

Overclocking: No

SLI or Crossfire: No

Your Monitor Resolution: Suggest one that's good (Outside of the 2.5k AUD budget)

Additional Comments:
I want 32GB(16GB is ok if other parts are better by giving up 32GB) RAM. 1 TB SSD, Strong GPU and CPU. 1 TB HDD.
No peripherals.

And Most Importantly, Why Are You Upgrading: Want a new strong PC.

Solution
Pre built not sure how much shipping is but looks fairly good.
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/52010/pccg-neo-2070-super-gaming-system

I can't believe they even use a good power supply.
For a prebuilt that is a decent system. If you were to decide to build it yourself, you could do better than that for the same amount of money. The design I made will run circles around that prebuilt for gaming for only $87 more money. Sure mine didn't include the Windows license, but that can be found for cheap. However, you get more RAM, bigger SSD, faster gaming CPU, faster GPU, and better motherboard.
Here are some ideas:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($319.00 @ JW Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($246.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($162.80 @ Newegg Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($149.00 @ PC Byte)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.00 @ Umart)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($599.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.60 @ Newegg Australia)
Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion+ 660 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($169.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Monitor: Gigabyte G34WQC 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($632.50 @ Newegg Australia)
Total: $2459.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-20 08:21 AEDT+1100

Nov 19, 2020
Here are some ideas:
PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600 3.6 GHz 6-Core Processor ($319.00 @ JW Computers)
Motherboard: Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM4 Motherboard ($246.00 @ Skycomp Technology)
Memory: Team T-FORCE DARK Za 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3600 CL18 Memory ($162.80 @ Newegg Australia)
Storage: Western Digital Blue SN550 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive ($149.00 @ PC Byte)
Storage: Seagate Barracuda Compute 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive ($88.00 @ Umart)
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8 GB PULSE Video Card ($599.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Case: Phanteks Eclipse P300A Mesh ATX Mid Tower Case ($94.60 @ Newegg Australia)
Power Supply: Fractal Design Ion+ 660 W 80+ Platinum Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($169.00 @ Mwave Australia)
Monitor: Gigabyte G34WQC 34.0" 3440x1440 144 Hz Monitor ($632.50 @ Newegg Australia)
Total: $2459.90
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2020-11-20 08:21 AEDT+1100
Could you use one of those 3 sites i gave you?
Or alternatively, what do you think of the build this site gives?
https://www.aftershockpc.com.au/welcome/ProductconfigRec/bolt-new-1

In the Aftershockpc site, you can choose what you think is best from the list and tell me

In the Aftershockpc site, you can choose what you think is best from the list and tell me
Aftershock PC is very expensive for what you get.

Scorptec:
Sapphire Pulse RX5700XT
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite
Total: $838

PC Case Gear:
Ryzen 5 3600
Phanteks P300A
Team T-Force Vulcan
1TB 970 EVO
WD Blue 1TB
Super Flower Leadex III
Total: $1000

Newegg Australia:
Gigabyte G34WQC Monitor
Total: $624.80

All of this is before shipping

I know that you didn't want to use Newegg, but they are $100 cheaper for the monitor than PC Case Gear so doing that route is worth while. You can go and alter things on this to suite your needs. If you want to go with a cheaper monitor that would allow for a higher end CPU, however, the 3600 is a good gaming CPU. I would say that the monitor is very good and once you go ultrawide you never want to go back. You could even add in an aftermarket cooler if you find the included one too loud. Changing the motherboard could save some money as well. For example the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, which supports the 3000 series out of the box, runs $189 or a $70 savings. Basically there is a lot that you can do to save a few dollars on some components and still get good quality, but then upgrade something like the CPU (the difference between the 3600 & 3600X isn't very big) to a 3700X.

Nov 19, 2020
Aftershock PC is very expensive for what you get.

Scorptec:
Sapphire Pulse RX5700XT
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite
Total: $838

PC Case Gear:
Ryzen 5 3600
Phanteks P300A
Team T-Force Vulcan
1TB 970 EVO
WD Blue 1TB
Super Flower Leadex III
Total: $1000

Newegg Australia:
Gigabyte G34WQC Monitor
Total: $624.80

All of this is before shipping

I know that you didn't want to use Newegg, but they are $100 cheaper for the monitor than PC Case Gear so doing that route is worth while. You can go and alter things on this to suite your needs. If you want to go with a cheaper monitor that would allow for a higher end CPU, however, the 3600 is a good gaming CPU. I would say that the monitor is very good and once you go ultrawide you never want to go back. You could even add in an aftermarket cooler if you find the included one too loud. Changing the motherboard could save some money as well. For example the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX, which supports the 3000 series out of the box, runs $189 or a $70 savings. Basically there is a lot that you can do to save a few dollars on some components and still get good quality, but then upgrade something like the CPU (the difference between the 3600 & 3600X isn't very big) to a 3700X.
The 2500 budget does not include the monitor.
Use the 2500 AUD budget without a monitor. Suggest a monitor that is good with the 2500 AUD build, please.

I'll use the cheapest sites that you recommend but ideally i'd like to use one company to build and test it for me.

Just using PC Case Gear:
Ryzen 5 5600X
Phanteks P300A
Team T-Force Vulcan
1TB 970 EVO
WD Blue 1TB
Super Flower Leadex III
Gigabyte B550 Aorus Elite AX
MSI RTX 3070
Cryorig H& CPU Cooler
Total: $2487 before shipping.

Note the 3070 is pre-order only right now. It doesn't make any sense to go with a 2070 Super or 2080 Super as they are either equally priced or more expensive than the 3070 for less performance. You could go with a 5700XT Red Devil and get about the same performance as a 2070 Super but it costs $300 less. Also the motherboard has builtin Ethernet and WiFi so an extra Ethernet or WiFi device isn't needed.

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador

Just 16gb of memory and you would need to add a 1TB SSD if you need one.

For a prebuilt that is a decent system. If you were to decide to build it yourself, you could do better than that for the same amount of money. The design I made will run circles around that prebuilt for gaming for only $87 more money. Sure mine didn't include the Windows license, but that can be found for cheap. However, you get more RAM, bigger SSD, faster gaming CPU, faster GPU, and better motherboard.

Solution

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
Or any other Australian Custom PC Build site. I want a site that builds it for me and ships it ready

Nov 19, 2020
And I said for a prebuilt it isn't bad. Just stated you can do better if you do it yourself.
Could you suggest a different case?
Also, PCPartPicket had this to say about the build:

• Warning!Some AMD B550 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vermeer CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
  • Note:The CRYORIG H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM4 Motherboard.

I wanna make sure that the problems it warns of aren't gonna affect this build. I know they are general but i want to double check.

Could you suggest a different case?
Also, PCPartPicket had this to say about the build:

• Warning!Some AMD B550 chipset motherboards may need a BIOS update prior to using Vermeer CPUs. Upgrading the BIOS may require a different CPU that is supported by older BIOS revisions.
  • Note:The CRYORIG H7 49 CFM CPU Cooler may require a separately available mounting adapter to fit the Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX ATX AM4 Motherboard.
I wanna make sure that the problems it warns of aren't gonna affect this build. I know they are general but i want to double check.
All B550 motherboards will require an upgraded BIOS. The one I suggested allows for an upgrade without CPU or RAM installed. https://www.aorus.com/blog/How-to-Update-Your-BIOS-Part-2.php

The H7 has AM4 compatibility built into it with their X-Bar™ Backplate. That means you shouldn't have to worry about the cooler not working. With it being a 140W TDP cooler and the max power draw of the 5600X being 88W you have a bit of extra thermal headroom for either overclocking or keeping the system quieter.

For a different case I would look at the Fractal Design Define 7 Compact.

Reactions: RedHood1
Nov 19, 2020
All B550 motherboards will require an upgraded BIOS. The one I suggested allows for an upgrade without CPU or RAM installed. https://www.aorus.com/blog/How-to-Update-Your-BIOS-Part-2.php

The H7 has AM4 compatibility built into it with their X-Bar™ Backplate. That means you shouldn't have to worry about the cooler not working. With it being a 140W TDP cooler and the max power draw of the 5600X being 88W you have a bit of extra thermal headroom for either overclocking or keeping the system quieter.

For a different case I would look at the Fractal Design Define 7 Compact.
Great. Thank you!
And a suggested monitor for the rtx 3070 would be appreciated.

Nov 19, 2020
I'd recommend the Gigabyte G34WQC. It is an ultrawide monitor with HDR400. It has FreeSync Premium which should also work with nVidia cards.
Thanks.
I would you like your opinion of this build:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Motherboard
RAM - https://www.amazon.com/TEAMGROUP-T-Force-Vulcan-3200MHz-Desktop/dp/B07QMM6NY3?th=1
GPU choices: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 16GB Video Card /Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC V2 8GB Video Card
SSD- https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-PCIe-Internal-Gaming-MZ-V8P1T0B/dp/B08GLX7TNT?th=1
HDD - WD Blue 3.5" 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB HDD
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/49128/phanteks-eclipse-p300a-mesh-edition-tg-black-case?
SilverStone Strider Gold S ST75F-GS V3 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU $149.00

Thanks.
I would you like your opinion of this build:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU
Gigabyte B550 AORUS ELITE AX V2 Motherboard
RAM - https://www.amazon.com/TEAMGROUP-T-Force-Vulcan-3200MHz-Desktop/dp/B07QMM6NY3?th=1
GPU choices: Gigabyte Radeon RX 6800 16GB Video Card /Gigabyte Radeon RX 5700 XT GAMING OC V2 8GB Video Card
SSD- https://www.amazon.com/SAMSUNG-PCIe-Internal-Gaming-MZ-V8P1T0B/dp/B08GLX7TNT?th=1
HDD - WD Blue 3.5" 1TB SATA 6.0Gb/s 7200RPM 64MB HDD
https://www.pccasegear.com/products/49128/phanteks-eclipse-p300a-mesh-edition-tg-black-case?
SilverStone Strider Gold S ST75F-GS V3 750W 80+ Gold Fully Modular PSU $149.00
I wouldn't waste the money on the Samsung 980 Pro. Unless you are doing things that are EXTREMELY disk intensive, you will never notice a difference between it and say an ADATA 8200 Pro or 970 Evo Plus. Use the funds from that drive to either get a bigger NVMe SSD or improve a piece of equipment somewhere else.

The PSU is an unknown. The V2 of it was adequate but nothing to write home about. I would suggest going with a better PSU. For $10 more you can get the Super Flower Leadex III which is a good PSU.

Other than that everything looks good.

Nov 19, 2020
I wouldn't waste the money on the Samsung 980 Pro. Unless you are doing things that are EXTREMELY disk intensive, you will never notice a difference between it and say an ADATA 8200 Pro or 970 Evo Plus. Use the funds from that drive to either get a bigger NVMe SSD or improve a piece of equipment somewhere else.

The PSU is an unknown. The V2 of it was adequate but nothing to write home about. I would suggest going with a better PSU. For $10 more you can get the Super Flower Leadex III which is a good PSU.

Other than that everything looks good.
I got this case in the end. It only has 1 fan though.
Do you recommend i get the CPU cooler or 2 front fans? Or maybe 1 fan and 1 cpu cooler

I got this case in the end. It only has 1 fan though.
Do you recommend i get the CPU cooler or 2 front fans? Or maybe 1 fan and 1 cpu cooler
The 5600X comes with an adequate cooler already. About the biggest problem it has is that it will be louder than an aftermarket cooler. If you have good airflow into the case, that will help keep the CPU cooler quieter. I would start with 2x 140mm intake fans. If you that the CPU cooler is too loud, you can then change that at another time.