Question 2 AMD GPUs

Leslie25

Reputable
Nov 14, 2016
so i think the answer is more then likely on this website, but i dont know what im looking for

but i have 2 AMD GPU's AMD RX 480 and the RX 580 and wanted to use the power of then BOTH in one game?
if thats possible? is t hat what crossfire is?

bignastyid

Titan
so i think the answer is more then likely on this website, but i dont know what im looking for

but i have 2 AMD GPU's AMD RX 480 and the RX 580 and wanted to use the power of then BOTH in one game?
if thats possible? is t hat what crossfire is?
For the most part it is not possible. It would require a game that support DX 12's multi gpu mode(there are only a couple) as they are not Crossfire compatible(AMD crossfire requires both GPU's to be the same model). Even of they were SLI and Crossfire are dying as game support has dwindled.

Leslie25

Reputable
Nov 14, 2016
For the most part it is not possible. It would require a game that support DX 12's multi gpu mode(there are only a couple) as they are not Crossfire compatible(AMD crossfire requires both GPU's to be the same model). Even of they were SLI and Crossfire are dying as game support has dwindled.
ahhhh ok ive been building computers for few years now n never understood the whole thing, but thanks for explaining it to me , i may as well take my RX 480 out? i dont g et the point in 2 GPU's now then LOL

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS