[SOLVED] 2 BSODs in one day (bad pool caller)

I have just had two bad pool callers in one day.

I checked the latest crash dump and used windbg to debug it. It said that it was caused by an attempt to free a pool that was already free, which is pretty obvious since it is a bad pool caller. It also says MODULE NAME: tcpip
I just want to know which driver/application is causing this.

Note: this was my first time using windbg.

Solution
Yeah, if the free Malwarebytes is activated for the 2 week trial, it is running in the background while Bullguard is. I didn't know you had anything besides Win anti virus.
Uninstall malwarebytes first. If the problem doesn't go away, you'll have to uninstall Bullguard. At least temporarily.

Hmm. I actually updated drivers after the first crash and my wireless LAN card was one of the things needing updates. I checked after the second crash and saw that according to SDI it still needed an update (I updated it then).

I think one of the scheduled scans from malwarebytes occured just after the first crash. I just gave it another go and it found nothing. I am currently running an antivirus scan just in case.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

It should produce a bootable flash drive. (Be sure your BIOS is set to boot from the flash drive) I've only used the disk version.

I am running Windows 10 Home
i5 3470
GT 1030
500 GB SSD (C:)
2 TB HDD
16 GB DDR-3 RAM

BTW: The bluescreens stopped happening but now every time I boot up windows scans and repairs the C drive.
Also, I haven't done a memtest yet; I just haven't had the time to do so.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Then it's time to give memtest a run. Each stick individually for at least one full pass. The longer you can afford to let it run, the surer you can be.

Will do. I just don't have much time right now. I checked the last crash dump and it says its the same tcp/ip module that caused it.

Alright. I ran memtest86 and it found nothing
I did 3 passes of tests 5 and 8 because that's what was recommended here:
https://www.overclockers.com/forums/showthread.php/359052-Memtest86-Which-test

I tested both DIMMs in slot #1 (separately, of course) and there were 0 errors. I had to use single cpu because my bios didn't support multi cpu (or something like that).

Could it be something with the wireless card itself?

Sorry for the late reply.

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, on "OC'ing". My shorthand.

No viruses, no poorly written malware, memory passes Memtest... It sure seems like something is writing to the wrong address in memory. Did CCleaner find anything at all when you ran it?
Are you using Ethernet or wireless? (may have asked this already)

I am using a USB wireless card.
I didn't run CCleaner.
I ran malwarebytes, then Bullguard virus scan, then memtest.
Should I?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Yes, for sure. CCleaner has fixed a lot of issues for me over the years.

The wireless card would be my next thought. Especially with the TCP/IP error. Are you running any software supplied by the wireless card?

clutchc

Titan
Ambassador

Do the Clean and Registry portions both. If it finds a lot of crap, run it again. Until it finds nothing. And don't worry, it's safe. I don't even back up before running it,,, multiple times a day sometimes.

I ran the registry portion until it found nothing.
I ran the cleaner 20+ times and every time from the 2nd on it says it has removed 3 tracking files and 5 mb of unnecessary junk.