2 builds 1 to choose

Superpeanut

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Hi guys in my last question I was asking for the best parts for this build and these are the parts i found for my 720 euro-ish gaming rig

GPU - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 - NITRO+ - 4GB GDDR5
CPU - FX-8350 Wraith edition
MOBO - ASRock 970A-G/3.1 ATX AM3+/AM3 Motherboard
RAM - 8 GB DDR3 HyperX Fury
Storage - 120 GB SSD
PSU - Cooler Master GM Series - 750W
Case - Corsair carbide 100r window edition

But when i found it this is a pretty decent pc for the money i found out it hasn't really a upgrade ability anymore because the FX-8350 will bottleneck almost every card better than the RX 480 so i found myself another rig :

GPU - Sapphire Radeon RX 480 - NITRO+ - 4GB GDDR5
CPU - i5-6600k + Coolermaster Hyper 212 EVO
MOBO - MSI Z170A SLI Plus
RAM - 8 GB DDR4 HyperX Fury
Storage - 120 GB SSD
PSU - Cooler Master GM Series - 750 W
Case - Corsair carbide 100r window edition

This is almost the same build as the FX-8350 edition but with an i5-6600k and of course a different motherboard. But the second build is almost 150 euro more than the first build but with an extra upgrade ability for the future. First I was more a AMD fanboy because it's so cheap but when i found Intel has more upgrade ability for a GPU ( and also a CPU upgrade with this mobo ) I really don't know what to chose so please community help with my choice !
If there are any parts that could be improved without spending too much money please let me know either.

- Superpeanut

Solution
semi-modular PSUs with 750W are a bit expensive.
Cheapest quality units are above 100€.

Cheapest unit would be a 750W Corsair CXM - but only if it comes with the grey lettering not with green letters on the unit/box. It's around 84€ in Germany + shipping.
I5 6600K, benchmarks show it is MUCH better than the 8350, less power hungry and better at stock speeds but overclocked will be even better, plus more upgrades that you can choose (you could do something like get a Kaby Lake i7, etc.) better motherboards out there, overall a much better pick. I wouldn't go with a 5 year old FX unless it was super cheap like my FX 6300 system I made where I got it half off.

Does it come.in a bundle or prebuild?
Because if you're building this yourself you won't need a 850W PSU for a 6600k.
A 520W PSU by Seagate, a 550W Corsair CXM or XFX (anything but the XT series) will easily power this .

Also you could get a different board (although there's not much room in price) to save a few dough. A Z170 G1.Sniper by Gigabyte is sometimes really cheap to come by and a fine board.

However the 6600k will seriously outperform the FX
You could wait for AMDs new ZEN Cpu launched before Christmas but I doubt it will be any better or cheaper than the i5 tbh

Superpeanut

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016
Thank you guys for the really fast solutions ! And no its not prebuilt I'm going to build this myself ( fingers crossed ) and i chose for the big PSU because I wanted a upgrade ability to crossfire or a better video card ( like the GTX 1070 ) and yes this PSU is still overkill so i considered and chose for the same GM series but a 650 watt version of it.
Also the mobo looks good to me but i don't think the store I'm going to buy it from has this motherboard so fingers crossed.

Superpeanut

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Ty for the tip I think i will choose for the 240 GB version of the kingston version that I already mentioned if i got some extra bucks too spare.

For crossfire 750W will be nice.
However go for a better quality unit then. Cooler Master GM is not the worst of units but not a quality unit.
Look for a 750W EVGA Supernova GS or G2, a Corsair RMx or RMi, or any XFX or Seagate unit with that wattage.
Or cooler master's V series

Superpeanut

Commendable
Oct 22, 2016

Thanks for the tip Isokolon but I chose for this PSU because it was the only modular PSU for around 80 bucks here in the Netherlands the other ones you listed cost around 100+ bucks and I don't want to cheap out on the PSU and I will consider your advice of course maybe if i got some extra money to spend, do you have any other recommendations on a semi-modular PSU ? Thanks for your good advice BTW :D

semi-modular PSUs with 750W are a bit expensive.
Cheapest quality units are above 100€.

Cheapest unit would be a 750W Corsair CXM - but only if it comes with the grey lettering not with green letters on the unit/box. It's around 84€ in Germany + shipping.

Solution