[SOLVED] 2 computers won’t boot

Nov 21, 2020
I built a new pc today and was wanting to swap my gpu over between the builds since I can’t get my hands on a new 3000 series card for the foreseeable future, but when I put the gpu into my new build it wouldn’t boot. Thinking I’d just look it up on my old computer I put the gpu back in and now that computer won’t boot either. Hoping it’s not a dead card but it might be, is there anything else I’m missing?
PC1:
i5 6700k
2x8 ddr4 2600
I think it’s a b370 but can confirm later
Windows 10
1070 gpu

PC2:
i7 9700k
2x8 Corsair vengeance lpx 3600
Asus prime z390-a
Same 1070 gpu as before

Solution
If a GPU that used to work fine in your 6700k build no longer works in your 6700k build after you tried it in your 9700k build and now both systems are no longer booting even off IGP after triple-checking that everything is connected properly, something horribly wrong may have happened.

First though, you may want to re-do idiot checks: is the AC power cord plugged in at both ends, does whatever outlet your PC is plugged into actually has power and the hard-power-switch at the back of the PSU is actually turned on if present. I remember seeing a forum thread once were someone couldn't get his PC to turn on and after pages of diagnosis, it ultimately turned out the outlet he was using for testing purposes had a wall switch in the off...
Nov 21, 2020
No cpu fan spin, zero activity at all when I try and power it up. I took it apart and rebuilt it after the first time it didn’t work so the power cables are most likely all the way in

InvalidError

Titan
If a GPU that used to work fine in your 6700k build no longer works in your 6700k build after you tried it in your 9700k build and now both systems are no longer booting even off IGP after triple-checking that everything is connected properly, something horribly wrong may have happened.

First though, you may want to re-do idiot checks: is the AC power cord plugged in at both ends, does whatever outlet your PC is plugged into actually has power and the hard-power-switch at the back of the PSU is actually turned on if present. I remember seeing a forum thread once were someone couldn't get his PC to turn on and after pages of diagnosis, it ultimately turned out the outlet he was using for testing purposes had a wall switch in the off position.

Solution