[SOLVED] 2 connected WIFI networks, 1 is very slow

Nov 16, 2021
My home network is split between 2 routers. My Netgear (WNDR4300V2) connects to my cable modem, and the Linksys (WRT54G) connected to WAN plug from the Netgear. Each router has it's own WIFI network. The plan was to have a separate network for the kids that could be monitored. The Linksys WIFI network has much lower speeds, and the router loses all internet connection and needs to be power cycled every couple of hours. When it has internet, the Linksys network has speeds around 11Mbps, while the Netgear network is over 160Mbps. Any assistance would be greatly appreaciated.

kanewolf

Titan
My home network is split between 2 routers. My Netgear (WNDR4300V2) connects to my cable modem, and the Linksys (WRT54G) connected to WAN plug from the Netgear. Each router has it's own WIFI network. The plan was to have a separate network for the kids that could be monitored. The Linksys WIFI network has much lower speeds, and the router loses all internet connection and needs to be power cycled every couple of hours. When it has internet, the Linksys network has speeds around 11Mbps, while the Netgear network is over 160Mbps. Any assistance would be greatly appreaciated.
That WRT54G needs to be retired. It is too old to have decent WIFI performance.