2 connections on one computer!

Hey, hypothetically speaking, say I have 2 cables, 2 Isp’s in one location. I
have these computers connected to their separate cables connections. My
question is this… can I still network the one to the other using wireless,
thus having a cable for the internet and wireless on one machine to access
files on the other?

Mike

Splendid

won't matter a monkeys as long as the workgroup etc is set right.
just put in the wireless cards, configure the tcp/ip settings and away you
go.

mike
"Ike Schultz" <IkeSchultz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hey, hypothetically speaking, say I have 2 cables, 2 Isp's in one
location. I
> have these computers connected to their separate cables connections. My
> question is this. can I still network the one to the other using wireless,
> thus having a cable for the internet and wireless on one machine to access
> files on the other?

---

Mike: I don't know if this is the right place,let me know if this should be
posted here or some where else...
Maybe you could explain a little more... I have two cable router ( wan
/ lan) the first is the linksys that supports wireless and non-wireless
connections pushing DHCP address 192.168.1... with a netmask of
255.255.255.0, in which I have five computers conected to ( 2 win 98, a win
2000 server, a Linux Machine, and a Laptop running winxp ) all machine have
access to the internet but not each other limited on the router. I have a
second cable router a D-Link 704p with the same five machine attached to it
plus two printers one via the parallel printer port and another via IP, and
the five computers can comminucate to each other but on internet access (
used by one application on the server for backups, the windows machines run
norton firewall to ensure the backups is the only thing using the second
network card other then printing) using DHCP and the address range of
192.168.0.... netmask 255.255.255.0.
All computer were communication via the internat and to each other until
I updated the WinXP Home laptop to SP2. Now I cannot even ping another
machine by name error message is "cannot locate host...."

The only way I can communicate on the internet is by releasing the other
interface, nothing else seems to work, I attempted to disable the firewall, I
have unistalled the Norton Firewall I had on the laptop

Note: I use a built in network card ( 10/100), and a Netgear 10/100 802.11G
PCMCIA wireless ethernet card, I even restored and attempted to use an old
3com 10/100 PCMCIA card with on success.. How do I restore my internet
connection and still retain my file and print sharing using the winxp home
SP2??

David