Question 2 CPUs have now given me an error

devshah4113

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
I upgraded my pc in November last year. I have the ROG Strix B450-F mobo and R7 1700 w/ stock cooler.
Everything was working fine until about a month ago when I turned on the computer and the motherboard had a red LED. The fans were spinning and the lights were on but there was no display output and no boot. I checked the manual which said that it was a problem with the CPU. I ended up getting a replacement from AMD which I installed this morning. I turned it on, the fans started spinning, lights turned on, but I still got a red LED showing a problem with the CPU.

I have no idea what could be causing the problems, so I would really appreciate some help.
Thank you.

devshah4113

Commendable
Nov 3, 2018
Have you hooked up a speaker to the mobo to listen for beep codes?

Have you tested the RAM?

I have a speaker plugged into the mobo that beeps when it boots but I don't get one when I turn it on now.

The RAM works fine as I had to replace it because the first pack was faulty. I ensured that it was on the QVL so I know that this isn't the problem.

So should I try and get a replacement? Do you know why it would've stopped?
Here's the thing....you tried 2 cpus. I would find it really odd that both were bad.

So that's why I think the MB is the next most likely item to look at.

I suppose it could be a PSU issue as well but I still would suspect the MB first.

I assume you spoke with AMD?....RMA for the CPU?....as you got a new CPU. Maybe tell them what happened and see what they say.. Did they confirm there was a problem with the first CPU?