Zotac GTX 1070 Mini
ASrock B450M Pro4
Tecware Nexus M mATX

2nd listing:
Ryzen 7 1700x
Zotac GTX 1070Ti Mini
MSI B350
Coolermaster Q300L mATX

Now I know that the second option is much better (especially since I can get them at the same price), but my dilemma is this

1st listing has everything new except for the refurbished GPU, but only has one fan and I'm not sure if it'll be enough to keep the rig cool

2nd listing offers 3 CM Jetflo fans, but the motherboard, ram and GPU are second hand, and I'm not sure if it's any reliable.

Also to note, I don't really intend to fiddle much with the configurations, more of just working with the specs I've got. I'm mainly using the rig to game and for graphic design/motion graphics works (Adobe softwares, Cinema4D). Both will cost around SGD$1000. What would y'all suggest I get!

Last edited:

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
second option is slightly better, not much. CPU's may as well be equals, the ti adds 15% to the GPU, so slightly better overall. 3 fans but questionable mobo RAM and GPU. Is the uncertainty of used parts worth maybe a 15% difference on the GPU?

if it were me, my peace of mind says get the first system. motherboard GPU and RAM will be NEW, if I read this right. same price for a performance difference that will take a benchmarking suite to notice, I would get the new system.

for the gist only, general idea, not real world results.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/3943vs3609

May 13, 2019
second option is slightly better, not much. CPU's may as well be equals, the ti adds 15% to the GPU, so slightly better overall. 3 fans but questionable mobo RAM and GPU. Is the uncertainty of used parts worth maybe a 15% difference on the GPU?

if it were me, my peace of mind says get the first system. motherboard GPU and RAM will be NEW, if I read this right. same price for a performance difference that will take a benchmarking suite to notice, I would get the new system.

for the gist only, general idea, not real world results.
https://gpu.userbenchmark.com/Compare/Nvidia-GTX-1070-Ti-vs-Nvidia-GTX-1070/3943vs3609
Yeah I'm really leaning towards the first listing, but I'm only worried about the temperature this thing can get. And Singapore is hella hot to begin with 😪

Also, I've been looking through the benchmarks you've listed too. I'm not sure the difference of 2 cores between 2600/1700x is going to affect my 3d renders and Adobe works by a whole lot

May 13, 2019
I would go with the 2nd listing if everything is under warranty, or if i can torture test them before purchase. If not then the 1st listing, but the warranty criteria still remains on refurbished products.
Unfortunately the mobo is not under warranty for the second listing :( I would've gone for that instantly if I had a peace of mind but that's what's keeping me in dilemma

How desperate do you need this computer? I ask because we have about 1 month before the new Zen 2 annoucement officially from AMD
the Extra 2c/4t will make a difference when software gets updated and thus will last longer in the future, depends when you think you need a new update.
As for cooling, you can always save up a bit more money and get an AIO.
I also live in a very hot country not too far from Singapore. I went for a large case, to help with cooling.

May 13, 2019
How desperate do you need this computer? I ask because we have about 1 month before the new Zen 2 annoucement officially from AMD
the Extra 2c/4t will make a difference when software gets updated and thus will last longer in the future, depends when you think you need a new update.
As for cooling, you can always save up a bit more money and get an AIO.
I also live in a very hot country not too far from Singapore. I went for a large case, to help with cooling.
Well, I'm thinking of getting this in 2 weeks time, right after I come back from overseas. A little on the urgent side, because I need it for freelancing work if not for other uses 🤷🏽‍♂️ also to note, the second listing is from a person selling because he is migrating lol. So I guess I am quite paranoid if anything does screw up with the rig

May 13, 2019
If the guy is leaving, I would offer him $200 less than he is asking and then you will have a REAL bargain :)
As an expat myself, when you got to go, you got to go and you got to sell everything.
I'll be out of luck there dude. He says he'll bring it with him if there're no takers haha