[SOLVED] 2 dead Motherboards

May 29, 2020
Hi! I have a problem, just got a new system for my brother, completed the build and turn on the power, on the first time i put on the power the gpu (rtx 2070) leds were on and the front panel leds were on but no lights on Motherboard (msi z390-a pro) And on the second time i tried to power it on there were no leds on gpu or front panel, then i tried everything to get the mobo back to life, i tried with another psu but nothing happened, then i took the motherboard from the old system wich was working and put it in the new case with the new psu, and again nothing happened, then i put the old mobo in the old case were it has been for 3 years and working fine and it was dead, any idea what could have happened? The new psu is an seasonic 650w gold, is the psu burning my cards?

Solution
The first thing I would try is to switch out for your old PSU to diagnose the problem. While I doubt that the PSU could have burned out all that hardware, I would put my money on the PSU being the problem.

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
The first thing I would try is to switch out for your old PSU to diagnose the problem. While I doubt that the PSU could have burned out all that hardware, I would put my money on the PSU being the problem.

Solution