2 different GPUs for 1 monitor

NuclearPotato

Prominent
Aug 3, 2017
Hello

I'm configuring a PC for 3 major purposes: X-Plane 11, deep learning and CAD. For the first two I've settled on a GTX1080ti and for the third I've settled on a Radeon Pro wx5100. I have 3 questions:

1. Is it possible to have a set up so that for the same monitor I can easilly switch from the GTX to the Radeon when I change from X-Plane 11 to CAD for example?

2. Is it possible to have a set up so that I can train neural networks with the GTX while I work with CAD on the Radeon?

3. If neither of above is possible, how well would the GTX run Fusion360 level CAD in comparison to the Radeon Pro wx5100 or equivalent?

Thanks

Solution
It is VERY difficult to get to different chipset video cards to coexist in the same system. Getting an NVIDIA gaming card and an AMD Workstation card in the same system will be very difficult. The drivers do not coexist well.

kanewolf

Titan
It is VERY difficult to get to different chipset video cards to coexist in the same system. Getting an NVIDIA gaming card and an AMD Workstation card in the same system will be very difficult. The drivers do not coexist well.

Solution