[SOLVED] 2 different motherboards work ONLY with PCIe graphic card

Jul 23, 2020
Hi
I have 2 different motherboards and 2 different AMD cpus. Both motherboards have integrated graphiccards. None combination of motherboard and cpu works without a pcie graphiccard. But both work when I install an pcie graphic card.
Has someone here encountered such a problem before?

I have of course reseted the motherboards,
and changed the primary graphic card in the BIOS.

Solution
Yup, all the modern AMD CPUs with integrated graphics have G in the name.

There are no integrated graphics in any of these motherboards. I don't think a mainstream consumer one has has any since some of the very early AM3+ motherboards that were holdovers from the Phenom II era. You'll see graphics listed in the specs of modern AMD motherboards, but if you read the fine print, that's only with an APU. Without the actual APU, it's like trying to run your toaster without bread.
Jul 23, 2020
What exact motherboard and cpu?

With AMD you need one of their APU’s which includes integrated graphics. The motherboard might have the feature but it requires an APU as AMD CPU’s don’t have integrated graphics.
I remember only one cpu and one motherboard :

Ryzen 7 2700x

ASRock B450M-HDV R4.0

DSzymborski

Titan
Yup, all the modern AMD CPUs with integrated graphics have G in the name.

There are no integrated graphics in any of these motherboards. I don't think a mainstream consumer one has has any since some of the very early AM3+ motherboards that were holdovers from the Phenom II era. You'll see graphics listed in the specs of modern AMD motherboards, but if you read the fine print, that's only with an APU. Without the actual APU, it's like trying to run your toaster without bread.

Reactions: orenatan
Solution