2 different Nvidia cards for different usages

maplenet2

Honorable
Dec 12, 2012
So here's the story; I have an old capture card that I wanted to test out. It's an ACEDVio and the input for it is a S-video (that stuff is old!). I always wanted to test out if I can record another computer's desktop; and in order for me to do that, I need to install an old card along side with my existing card.

So right now, I have installed a 9500gt along side with my gtx 760. Now since my mobo is a msi 970a-g46 and it uses the amd 970 chipset, it limits both of my cards bus speed to 8x not 16x. I also get a messege when I start my pc that it tells me "NVIDIA graphics cards are not installed correctly. The SLI connector is attached to the SYNC | SDI finger on the graphics card. Shut down the system and ensure the graphics cards are connected correctly.. etc." But I did not attach any sli bridge to both of the cards, let alone any of the cards.

So here are my questions: Is it possible to tell the nvidia control panel that these cards are not SLI and I can turn off the SLI feature (or something like that)? Will attaching the SLI bridge help (I honestly don't think so)? Can I set my PCI bus back to 16x for my 760 and limit the bus speed for the 9500gt? And by installing these two graphics cards am I really limiting the speeds of my 760?

I think that is all. Sorry for being such a noob at these things. Thank you! :)