2 Different Nvidia Cards in one

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcoandrade

Reputable
May 29, 2015
So i got my self a new pc.. i have a asus gtx 960 strix 2gb gpu and have a gtx 550ti lying around.. will i be able to pair these 2 up and gain a performance boost?

Solution
You cant run them in SLI, if that is what you are asking.
The 560 could be assigned as a physx only card, but actually the 960 is good enough to handle graphics processing and physx (if you happen to have a game that uses physx) both. Adding a second card and dedicating it for physx was a good option a few generations back when most GPU's were not powerful to handle both functions well at once, thats not really the case anymore.
You cant run them in SLI, if that is what you are asking.
The 560 could be assigned as a physx only card, but actually the 960 is good enough to handle graphics processing and physx (if you happen to have a game that uses physx) both. Adding a second card and dedicating it for physx was a good option a few generations back when most GPU's were not powerful to handle both functions well at once, thats not really the case anymore.

Solution

turbopixel

Reputable
May 18, 2015
I have tried GTX 970 as main gpu and a GTX 750 Ti for Physx only. But the Physx of the higher card 970 was so strong, that the additional card didn't make any difference in gaming fps. Its not worth. Sell the older card or build a cheap second pc with old parts you have, like I did.

Status
Not open for further replies.