Question 2 Dimms occupied, only half memory showing?!

ibubu16

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
Hello again my peeps,

I come with a different issue today, a while ago I have posted about my oldie asus board that seemed to have its ram dimms broken but oh well 8gb should be enough.

Now I come with a different question, I have reinstalled windows in that system today as its going to be a little cheap rig for my 8 year old brother 😅 - start them off young 😂.

System reads only 4gb memory while task manager says 2 of 4 dimms used? when it should be 8, cleared cmos, checked for bent cpu pins, there is none, it was fine untill a couple of hours ago when it said 8gb what could be the issue, also Windows 10 is lagging like a mofo but again before I made a clean reinstall it was just fine
what could that be? Anyone?

Ralston18

Titan
Update your post to include full system hardware specs.

Use Task Manager and Resource Monitor to identify bottlenecks (lag) and what may be causing that lag.

Explain:

"that seemed to have its ram dimms broken ".

ibubu16

Prominent
Feb 22, 2018
Sorey if not all of it made sense, I'm really not used to typing out things on my phone and I just do it quickly.

Nevermind the ram issue , I fixed it it seemed to be a dirty ram stick / dimm, I used some contact cleaner and now it shows up as 8gb.

There is no bottleneck with with the i7-870 and the gtx 770 2gb that the system has.

The case can be closed :)

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS