2 disks raid1 with one more hdd extra

RaT_1_

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017
Hello, i have a pc with 2 disks in raid 1... Can i plug 1 more hdd without raid? I want the second hdd alone and the other 2 stay in raid1

Solution
Yes. In most RAID management systems I have seen, the RAID tools allow you to specify which HDD units are to become part of a RAID array when you create that array. Any HDD that is NOT specifically set to be part of an array is NOT a RAID unit, and can be used as a single stand-alone HDD. Of course, if you're installing an empty new HDD, you will need to use Disk Management to Create a New Simple Volume so it can be used.

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
Yes. In most RAID management systems I have seen, the RAID tools allow you to specify which HDD units are to become part of a RAID array when you create that array. Any HDD that is NOT specifically set to be part of an array is NOT a RAID unit, and can be used as a single stand-alone HDD. Of course, if you're installing an empty new HDD, you will need to use Disk Management to Create a New Simple Volume so it can be used.

Solution

RaT_1_

Prominent
Jun 6, 2017

Thnx a lot... Actually i pluged in hdd with windows xp and some important files...I Checked bios to not boot from this hdd and everything its ok. Thnx again