2 displays, 1 hdmi

Justin_28

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
So I tried the dual display thing on my gtx 970 but I only have one hdmi . I plugged one in the gtx 970 and the other in the onboard gpu . How can the new games look just as good on on onboard display ?

Solution
Hi, I think you're confused here. There is no way that on board graphics could possibly deliver the graphics processing power that a dedicated GPU can. When using both the on board graphics and a dedicated graphics card the only mode available is Extended desktop, so you can't clone the display. Does your 970 have a DVI or display port out? Try using one of those ports for your main/second monitor in conjunction with the HDMI on your card.

luketexas

Honorable
Sep 14, 2015
Hi, I think you're confused here. There is no way that on board graphics could possibly deliver the graphics processing power that a dedicated GPU can. When using both the on board graphics and a dedicated graphics card the only mode available is Extended desktop, so you can't clone the display. Does your 970 have a DVI or display port out? Try using one of those ports for your main/second monitor in conjunction with the HDMI on your card.

Solution

Weaker graphics cards don't produce worse images, just fewer images per second.