2 DVD Drives One Region or Two

graham

I have a system with two seperate DVD drives, 1-DVD Writer and 2-DVD Rom.
My question is if I change the region setting on one drive will XP also
change the region for the second drive? With a limited number of changes I
want to make sure that I don't "waste" two changes to see if XP does do this.
Thanks

"Graham" <Graham@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote

>I have a system with two seperate DVD drives, 1-DVD Writer
>and 2-DVD Rom.
> My question is if I change the region setting on one drive
> will XP also
> change the region for the second drive?

No. This is a hardware function and not a matter of concern
to WinXP at all.

Since I'm in region 2, what I do is keep my DVD rom
permanently in region 1 and my DVD writer permanently in
region 2. That way I can play region 1 DVDs and play and
write region 2 DVDs.

--
Bob
Kanyak's Doghouse

graham

Thanks for the info, just being overly cautious