Question 2 FHD and 1 WQHD monitor on HD4400

Dec 13, 2022
I have a desktop PC with Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-4130 CPU @ 3.40GHz with 12 GB RAM and currently supporting 3 monitors in below configuration:
  1. HDMI - FHD monitor
  2. VGA - FHD monitor
  3. USB (v3) display driver - FHD monitor
I would like to have a WQHD (2560X1440) monitor on HDMI with other 2 (VGA & USB) remaining on FHD. I am quite sure this will be supported, however, not sure if this would cause any major impact to performance. I use this only for WFH (connnecting to office VM via tunnel) and don't intend to use it for heavy gaming/video processing.

If it helps, I have a VGA, HDMI and a DVI port on my machine.

EDIT: Just a bit more curious, will UHD (3840 X 2160) on HDMI (with other 2 remaining FHD) also work without any "major" performance impact?

Last edited:
As long as you're not gaming, expecting to run high end video editing software under constrained time limits or trying to run professional 3d or graphics applications at a very high level, then yes, it should do fine so long as the video output on your board has a version (HDMI, DP, DVI, etc.) (1.4, 2.0, etc.) that supports the resolution you are trying to use.

Dec 13, 2022
As long as you're not gaming, expecting to run high end video editing software under constrained time limits or trying to run professional 3d or graphics applications at a very high level, then yes, it should do fine so long as the video output on your board has a version (HDMI, DP, DVI, etc.) (1.4, 2.0, etc.) that supports the resolution you are trying to use.
Thanks Darkbreeze, that helps.. I am planning to use this machine only for connecting to a remote PC (no gaming/video editing, not even heavy browsing). I guess I am going to for a WQHD for now.