[SOLVED] 2 finger scroll keeps working with 1 finger

kaotik123

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2011
Only recently upgraded to Windows 10 but was wondering if it was possible to turn off the scrolling behavior where when you scroll with 2 fingers and then lift 1 finger the scroll still holds so you scroll with one finger. I want to be able to lift one finger and the scrolling stops and turns to normal cursor.
It was like this in Windows 8 and I just can't seem to get used to this new way in Windows 10.
There's nothing about this in the settings but was wondering if there's an app or rolling back to old touchpad drivers will fix this?
Currently have Synaptics Clickpad V0.0 drivers which are the latest apparently. And it's Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit.

Solution
I would be leery of rolling back from Windows 10 drivers to Windows 8 drivers.

So I am answering "no" with with respect to rolling back to an older driver - not that doing so is or is not possible in some manner.

Especially, even if in the distant future, Windows 11 will be in place.

I suggest a different approach.

As difficult as it may now seem, it is probably worth the effort to get used to the new scrolling. That frees you, for the most part, of having to continue figuring out workarounds and other solutions to stay with the "Windows 8 way".

Stick with the "new way". You may discover that you yourself will actually adapt a bit quicker than currently seems possible.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Ralston18

Titan
I would be leery of rolling back from Windows 10 drivers to Windows 8 drivers.

So I am answering "no" with with respect to rolling back to an older driver - not that doing so is or is not possible in some manner.

Especially, even if in the distant future, Windows 11 will be in place.

I suggest a different approach.

As difficult as it may now seem, it is probably worth the effort to get used to the new scrolling. That frees you, for the most part, of having to continue figuring out workarounds and other solutions to stay with the "Windows 8 way".

Stick with the "new way". You may discover that you yourself will actually adapt a bit quicker than currently seems possible.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

Solution