2 Front USB 3.0 Ports Not Working Gaming Rig

Iamstumped

Commendable
May 1, 2016
Powered up gaming rig and noticed my front 2 USB 3.0 ports are not working.

I am not sure if plugging my vape into 1 of these ports had anything to do with it.

I thought I was plugging my camera to transfer pictures in,but it was my vape by accident.

I don't think the wire from front panel connected to header on motherboard would become disconnected.

Is it possible vape shorted something on front usb panel or is usb port on motherboard shorted?

Any way to fix?

If something on motherboard is damaged, is there a risk of fire if I keep using rig?

Asus Crosshair V Formula-Z motherboard.

Thanks

Solution
check to see if any of the ports in the bios are off. in windows see if there any damaged usb drivers or missing drivers. try reinstalling the mb and usb chipset. check the mb itself for melted chips. other then dead ports the mb should be fine if they were shorted out. if you want see if the mb in warranty and rma it.
check to see if any of the ports in the bios are off. in windows see if there any damaged usb drivers or missing drivers. try reinstalling the mb and usb chipset. check the mb itself for melted chips. other then dead ports the mb should be fine if they were shorted out. if you want see if the mb in warranty and rma it.

Solution