[SOLVED] 2 GPU issues not putting out signal to monitor ?

kpac

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010
Ok I have 2 motherboards and graphics cards. I went with the first motherboard yesterday (M4A79T deluxe) and for some reason both gpu didn't put out anything to the monitor. I have had these 2 gpu on these 2 mother boards before so it's why I am wondering what is going on? 1 gpu is an Asus Radeon R9 270X and the other is a Gigabyte windforce(GV-R927XOC). Nothing came out of either card when I was starting the computer up, so I went to the other and added the Asus Radeon card and it worked. But it had the Gigabyte software. So I put in the disk to upload the software for the card and I didn't take off the Asus software maybe? But downloading the software crashed it. At first I turned it off and back on and the windows logo would come up and then after would go black it did this several time 5+ but it to eventually died completely and I dont even get that much anymore.

I need help! Not sure what to do to get it back up to where I can see what is going on on either of them.

Also I tried the Gigabyte on the ASRock 970 Extreme3 and it didn't work on that either.

Thank you!

Solution
With windows 10, you can install it on working system and move it onto problematic system.
The windows installs drivers for itself when the configuration is changed.
( a bit detailed what i've meant)

You may use your working R9 with non working R9 (yes you have to plug all pcie power to GPU).
Then download GPU-Z and at bottom you will se R9 XXX and click onto it, then you can switch on another GPU.
If the GPU doesnt show specs or bios version, you might have rare occasion of bios corruption on GPU, yes it happened to me when I've bought "Dead" GPU and just flashed bios.

If your motherboard doesnt have good CMOS battery (battery that holds bios configuration) it might reset the settings.
I've had few issues like yours in past, boots with onboard and it wont do with dedicated graphics.
Set first priority PCIE card in bios settings.
Which PSU do you use?

Reactions: kpac

kpac

Distinguished
Apr 15, 2010

If your motherboard doesnt have good CMOS battery (battery that holds bios configuration) it might reset the settings.
I've had few issues like yours in past, boots with onboard and it wont do with dedicated graphics.
Set first priority PCIE card in bios settings.
Which PSU do you use?
Thank you

Yeah this is the first time in 12 years I've had this problem. I have tried both cards on both motherboards. And as far as power supplies I have 2 different 650w power supplies powering each individual computer. I did try to take out the CMOS battery in both it was suggested to do to reset the bios but that didn't work and all I get is black screens with both computers now. The monitor does work I checked via connection to a laptop as well as I had one card up and running until I wanted the software from the disk and tried to download it - BAM went out. Then nothing from either card. Whatever I have to do has to be done on both computers.

Not sure what to do? I see RememberThe5th suggested trying to do a clean install but how do you do that? I have no ability to see anything on the screen to try to do that with.

Thank you for helping me!

With windows 10, you can install it on working system and move it onto problematic system.
The windows installs drivers for itself when the configuration is changed.
( a bit detailed what i've meant)

You may use your working R9 with non working R9 (yes you have to plug all pcie power to GPU).
Then download GPU-Z and at bottom you will se R9 XXX and click onto it, then you can switch on another GPU.
If the GPU doesnt show specs or bios version, you might have rare occasion of bios corruption on GPU, yes it happened to me when I've bought "Dead" GPU and just flashed bios.

Solution