Feb 6, 2020
So here is the situation;

My friend bought a new mobo and a used Radeon 570. The 570 even after wiping previous drivers including generic windows driver as well in safe mode, booting offline to install the current drivers, it is still giving me a message that card is not being detected. Keep in mind he is using an older proc(AMD FX 6100 6-Core).
ghjkl.png

So he bought an older Radeon 6950. It brought up vertical bars right away.
gsd.jpg

So is he just unlucky and both cards are screwed? Could it be one of the other two DVI cables that he needs? I've seen 3 types of female ports for DVI.

Last edited:
Solution
Whatever drivers automatically install when Windows detects and does its auto update. Which for other users with similar issues it was interfering with the AMD drivers via AMD site. In my case even removing it and preventing Windows from installing their own drivers to install the proper 570 drivers it still gives that issue.

Open 'device manager' in normal boot, locate your device in the' display adapter' section, right click and try to install drivers that way. My thinking is since you removed the generic drivers before installing AMD drivers windows has no clue what to do with the device.
What 'generic windows drivers' did he uninstall in safe mode?

As for the DVI, normally you won't physically be able to plug in a different DVI cable into a port that's not compatible but if you can get a cable to test the different female ports I say try it.

Feb 6, 2020
What 'generic windows drivers' did he uninstall in safe mode?

As for the DVI, normally you won't physically be able to plug in a different DVI cable into a port that's not compatible but if you can get a cable to test the different female ports I say try it.

Whatever drivers automatically install when Windows detects and does its auto update. Which for other users with similar issues it was interfering with the AMD drivers via AMD site. In my case even removing it and preventing Windows from installing their own drivers to install the proper 570 drivers it still gives that issue.

Open 'device manager' in normal boot, locate your device in the' display adapter' section, right click and try to install drivers that way. My thinking is since you removed the generic drivers before installing AMD drivers windows has no clue what to do with the device.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS