Question 2 Graphic cards Sapphire amd radeon hd 6450 Sapphire amd radeon r265 dual x for 5/6 displays

May 28, 2019
I have a two graphic cards in my pc. The amd radeon hd 6450 (VGA, HDMI and DVI port) and amd radeon r265 dual x ( 2 dvi, 1 hdmi, 1 display port). When I have put both videocards in. I get the message in device manager (only for amd radeon hd 6450): No drivers are installed for this device . While I installed both drivers. I have the 2 videocards because I want to connect 5 or 6 displays to the computer. The amd radeon r265 dual x can connect 3 displays and also the amd radeon hd 6450 should be able to connect 3 monitors. When I cannot more then 2 I have a problem and the computer is not regonicing the other display...

I can connect max 2 screens or two the radeon r265 dual x. Or one to the amd radeon hd 6450 and one to the radeon r265 dual x. My motherboard is a MSI A78ME45. Tonight I will try a active display port on amd radeon r265 dual x to connect tree monitors on the radeon r265 dual x.

Does anyone has suggestions?

Last edited:
I have a two graphic cards in my pc. The amd radeon hd 6450 (VGA, HDMI and DVI port) and amd radeon r265 dual x ( 2 dvi, 1 hdmi, 1 display port). When I have put both videocards in. I get the message in device manager (only for amd radeon hd 6450): No drivers are installed for this device . While I installed both drivers. I have the 2 videocards because I want to connect 5 or 6 displays to the computer. The amd radeon r265 dual x can connect 3 displays and also the amd radeon hd 6450 should be able to connect 3 monitors. When I cannot more then 2 I have a problem and the computer is not regonicing the other display...

I can connect max 2 screens or two the radeon r265 dual x. Or one to the amd radeon hd 6450 and one to the radeon r265 dual x. My motherboard is a MSI A78ME45. Tonight I will try a active display port on amd radeon r265 dual x to connect tree monitors on the radeon r265 dual x.

Does anyone has suggestions?

I believe most AMD cards can run 6 display from a single card, however you can only run 2 analogue displays at once (due to the card only including 2 decoders). Vga and DVI ports are analogue.

You should be able to run 5 displays off that 265, you'll need to buy a displayport MST hub which will allow you to split that output into 3 (however you will also need either display port monitors, or buy active display port adapters to convert to VGA / DVI as needed).

Reactions: baggah87
May 28, 2019
I believe most AMD cards can run 6 display from a single card, however you can only run 2 analogue displays at once (due to the card only including 2 decoders). Vga and DVI ports are analogue.

You should be able to run 5 displays off that 265, you'll need to buy a displayport MST hub which will allow you to split that output into 3 (however you will also need either display port monitors, or buy active display port adapters to convert to VGA / DVI as needed).

Thank you for your answer. That I would be able to run 4 analogue displays, because I have 2 cards. But I can only run 2..

May 28, 2019
Personally, I think its going to be very hard, different era GPU's - but I'm sure someone can figure it out, sadly I only worked with multiple screens on similar technology cards, so drivers were not an issue.

So when I buy another amd radeon hd 6450 it should be easy? this cheaper than buying adisplayport MST hub.

May 28, 2019
The only way to know is to buy it, but I would recommend making sure the GPU 6450 works on its own and is recognised in your computers drivers, by removing the more modern one.
Yes I tested this yesterday evening. It can run two screens hdmi and the dvi connection. When I plug in the VGA I see no signal. But I can run it when I deleted hdmi or dvi connection from the other monitor.

May 28, 2019
Oke I run displays now, I cannot run the newest amd drivers with are compatible with R265 dual x. Then the other card is switched off.. I also have an other 5450 hd radeon card. . I used the dvi/hdmi of 265 and the hdmi adapter of the amd radeon hd 6450. At least there is some progress. This weekend is again for testing

Last edited: