Question 2 graphics cards that can support plus 2 monitors without SLI/Crossfire

Lutfij

Titan
You can work with 4 monitors while on one single GPU. What is the make and model of your current GPU? List your monitors make and models as well. You might also want to list the ports you have access to on your GPU.

List your specs liek so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

For the sake of relevance.

CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard:
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Viper Patriot
SSD/HDD: 2 x 500GB Hitachi
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6400 Series
PSU: 275wats
Chassis: I have 4 PCIe slots if that's what you're asking for

Currently, my graphics card can only support 2 monitors, even though it has an HDMI, VGA and DVI-D slot. I can only use 2/3, which is what it only supports. I want to add a different graphics card (either one or replace the other in addition to the new one) to be able to support the use of 3 or 4 monitors.

What is the make/model of your motherboard?
CPU-Z will tell you.
Your motherboard should also have a couple of graphics outputs that you can use.
You will have to install the intel graphics drivers and activate the integrated adapter.

With a psu of only 275w, you probably do not want to try adding a second graphics card.
You can replace your HD6400 card with a nvidia card up to perhaps a GTX1050 and still be ok on power.
GTX1050 can handle 3 simultaneous outputs.

Tell us a little bit more about your needs.
What are the make/model of the monitors you now have?
What types of inputs can they handle?
More modern monitors will use HDMI or displayport connectors.
What are the additional monitors you are considering?
What types of inputs do they have?

What is your application and the need for 4 monitors?
For display purposes, you do not need a high powered gaming monitor like the GTX1050ti that can produce fast action.

4 monitors takes up a fair amount of desk space.
Is this an application for something like a trading setup?
For example, you might consider a single 4k monitor that can display twice the number of web pages
as a 1080p monitor, sized and arranged as you wish.
I have a 27" 4k monitor that is connected to a GTX750ti.
It displays a6 60hz using a displayport connector.
I am also using a second dvi monitor and there is a provision for a HDMI monitor.
This is the one I use:
https://www.evga.com/products/specs/gpu.aspx?pn=70b14ba6-5853-4a65-aacf-cff61f466d82
Higher powered cards or a second card will likely also need a better power supply to run them.
One can buy a larger 40" 4k monitor that would work equally well.

I currently have 2 (two) Dell 1909W, which are 16:9 monitors, that can support DVI and VGA. I have another Dell monitor, but is Model 1908FP, and it's 4:2, which also supports only DVI or VGA. My fourth monitor is a Dell but I have no idea what the model is, I can't find on the monitor or online. However it's about 23 inches, and supports DVI, VGA and HDMI.

The last two monitors I listed are the two I'm interested in using in addition to the 2 I have currently.

Would the graphics card I linked earlier work as well? I kinda like that one lol it seems like it'll be able to keep cool well, even though I'm always in a cold room, with a moderately low temperature.

I don't need a high-powered graphics card for gaming, I don't do much. I do need a graphics card/s that support more though. My work I'm doing now is getting kinda annoying minimizing and stacking, or side-by-side. I did think about a larger monitor, maybe someday.

If I am not mistaken, you motherboard has a couple of graphics outputs which will be driven by the integrated graphics adapter of the 3470 processor.
Have you tried attaching extra monitors to that?
In the bios, the presence of a discrete HD6400 card should by default disable the integrated adapter and use the HD6400 as primary.
You will need to go into the bios and enable the integrated adapter.
You may also need to install the Intel integrated graphics adapter drivers.

As to the psu, measure the dimensions at the back.
A standard ATX psu will measure 85 x 150mm. It can vary in depth from 140mm to 190mm.
If you need a replacement, a Seasonic focus 450w is compact at only 140mm deep.

Reactions: 13thmonkey
I think you meant I couldn't find the setting in the bios.
It is possible that there is none, oem bios tend to be very restrictive and only support the purchased configuration.

If you attach a monitor directly to the motherboard, does it work?

What then are your options?

1. The usb dongle idea from 13thmonkey looks reasonable to me.
I have not used one, so I have no idea if there are any issues.
2. You do have a second pcie x16 slot into which you could insert a second graphics card.
I would not be comfortable with that unless you upgraded the psu.
3. You could replace your card with one that has 4 monitor support like a GTX1060
https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-03g-p4-6160-kr/p/N82E16814487263
It has one dvi, one hdmi, and 3 displayports so you are going th have to scramble for adapters.
This will also need a psu upgrade.

I think I might experiment with one of the USB dongles and see how you do.

I think you meant I couldn't find the setting in the bios.
It is possible that there is none, oem bios tend to be very restrictive and only support the purchased configuration.

If you attach a monitor directly to the motherboard, does it work?

What then are your options?

1. The usb dongle idea from 13thmonkey looks reasonable to me.
I have not used one, so I have no idea if there are any issues.
2. You do have a second pcie x16 slot into which you could insert a second graphics card.
I would not be comfortable with that unless you upgraded the psu.
3. You could replace your card with one that has 4 monitor support like a GTX1060
https://www.newegg.com/evga-geforce-gtx-1060-03g-p4-6160-kr/p/N82E16814487263
It has one dvi, one hdmi, and 3 displayports so you are going th have to scramble for adapters.
This will also need a psu upgrade.

I think I might experiment with one of the USB dongles and see how you do.
I'm using a USB to DP on a mini itx with a 65W PSU, (pico PSU and power brick) on an I3- 3120T, it's showing 1440p at 30hz(possibly 60)

I could replace the current one I have, that's no problem.

The one you shared has 3 DP's, so maybe I'll get a DP to VGA adapter since all of my monitors don't support DP at all.

The one I shared earlier has triple monitor support, so I could use my larger monitor as a third and still be satisfied. Although I'd still have to get an adapter also, but again, that's no problem. Thanks everyone who helped me :) I know I ask a lot of questions and get them answered and then have a billion more so thanks again

Jul 25, 2019
CPU: Intel Core i5-3470 @ 3.20GHz
Motherboard:
RAM: 16GB DDR3 Viper Patriot
SSD/HDD: 2 x 500GB Hitachi
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6400 Series
PSU: 275wats
Chassis: I have 4 PCIe slots if that's what you're asking for

Currently, my graphics card can only support 2 monitors, even though it has an HDMI, VGA and DVI-D slot. I can only use 2/3, which is what it only supports. I want to add a different graphics card (either one or replace the other in addition to the new one) to be able to support the use of 3 or 4 monitors.
Hey you have the same CPU as me
but a worse gpu
Please help me stay on-topic