2 GTX 690s... just for fun of course

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
So i bought a gtx 690 from ebay for 100 bucks and i was thinking about buying another (the seller has like 5 of them) just for the fun of playing with. I have an Asus Z97a board with a core i7 4770k, currently im running 2 780tis on it and my question is will this same board run 2 690s? I don't have any experience with any dual gpu cards so before i pick this up i want to make sure my board will have the pci-e lanes for it. Can a gtx 690 run off of x8 bandwidth like a 780ti, 1070, etc, etc, etc? I understand this is old technology, im doing this purely for the fun of it and so i can play games from 2010 to 2013 as i would of on a pc that was top of the line back then. I love my 780ti SLI setup, honestly i probably could play most games from this year on it in some capacity, but i want to try doing some quad sli because i never have before. Thoughts, opinions, knowledge please, thank you!

cyrustheviruz1

Prominent
Sep 8, 2018
Nice lol I live in Ohio in the Cincinnati area and last week I needed all the extra heat I could get! You're right though it will get hot hot hot. I have a 1000 watt supply which im positive will be enough.The first card arrives tomorrow so I'll run it and see what's up. I know it will pack some horsepower, it's just a bummer it's limited by the 2 GB of vram. 2 of these puppies is like 4 GTX 680s which is just plain nuts!