2 hard drives

torczonari

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
I moved a hard drive from a spare computer to my main computer and now there are 2 hard drives both with the computer's main files (like system 32). How do I combine them into one for my main computer?

Solution
Combine them as in merge all the files? Or a RAID config? If you want to combine all the files, you don't. You backup all the necessary stuff like documents, pictures, videos etc off the second drive and wipe it. As for RAID, you'll be wanting RAID 0 which makes both drives act as one, however that is outside the scope of my knowledge, and usually isn't recommended for beginners.

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
Combine them as in merge all the files? Or a RAID config? If you want to combine all the files, you don't. You backup all the necessary stuff like documents, pictures, videos etc off the second drive and wipe it. As for RAID, you'll be wanting RAID 0 which makes both drives act as one, however that is outside the scope of my knowledge, and usually isn't recommended for beginners.

Solution

jdog2pt0

Distinguished
May 28, 2009
I'm still not sure what you mean by combine them. If you just need the files off the second one, once you move them to your primary drive, you can remove the second one if it serves no purpose to you.

torczonari

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
I just restarted my pc and now it's saying bootmgr is missing press ctrl alt del to restart
I think it's because I forgot to format the hard drive before inserting it into my computer. if that's the case, then what do I do?

USAFRet

Titan

Aside from adding this new drive, what other changes have you made between "working" and "not working"?

torczonari

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
I just put in the hard drive, turned on my computer, opened up the new hard drive to check if it worked, then turned off my computer. when I turned it back on, that popped up.

USAFRet

Titan

Power OFF
Disconnect the new drive
Power UP

Does the system work?

torczonari

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017
Nope. I wonder if it has anything to do with the boot order, if that's the case, this is my boot order:
EFI Boot Sources
Legacy Boot Sources
Hard Drive
SATA0
SATA4
USB Hard Drive
USB Floppy/CD

USAFRet

Titan

So returning the system back to its original working condition...and it still does not boot up?

torczonari

Prominent
Nov 24, 2017

Yeah, I did.