[SOLVED] 2 HDD "fail" simultaneously

Boyko

Honorable
Sep 9, 2015
hello guys,

So i was on a holiday and work trips and havent powered this PC for 2 months. I had actually powered it of and then unplugged it from the wall. Upon arrival i powered the system back on and it when in to hard disk check. I left it for hours, maybe almost 24 hours and i went in to windows. It seemed like ecerything worked until the popup show something along the lines of bad drive pls reset. I ignored it since everything worked i worked on bouth drives with no problem. At one point it didnt let me go in windows without the check. I unplugged then ( win is on a SSD) and it works properly. I checked voltages and they seem to be stable and very near the 3.3, 5 and 12v marks.
The next thing i tried is i turned hot pluging on in the bios ( Bouth drives show up in bios with hdd info and so on) and when i plug them one of them shows up and works but win doesnt like it and says its faulty and the other one just goes on 100% load in task manager and file manager bugs out. I have no idea what steps to take now as i have no experience in hdd failling. The drives spin and dont make bad sounds. The cables are all pluged in and not bent.
I would be happy to get any help and advice,
Thank you!

Solution
You can use a program named, CrystalDiskInfo : download & run it - it will show you detected drives if they are in good in condition it will show GOOD. Else, BAD or CAUTION.

https://crystalmark.info/en/download/
[Under Standard Edition , Blue coloured button, written as INSTALLER (Vista-)]

Check if anything from mentioned below solves it:
  1. You can also try, Open file explorer right click on the 2nd drive if visible & Select Properties > Then Tools & click CHECK under Error Checking tab.
  2. Try different SATA port & different SATA CABLE & different power cable for drive.
  3. Try connecting that 2nd drive, in someone else's Windows machine & see if it also gives any error.

ssbaraskar99

Prominent
Oct 29, 2020
You can use a program named, CrystalDiskInfo : download & run it - it will show you detected drives if they are in good in condition it will show GOOD. Else, BAD or CAUTION.

https://crystalmark.info/en/download/
[Under Standard Edition , Blue coloured button, written as INSTALLER (Vista-)]

Check if anything from mentioned below solves it:
  1. You can also try, Open file explorer right click on the 2nd drive if visible & Select Properties > Then Tools & click CHECK under Error Checking tab.
  2. Try different SATA port & different SATA CABLE & different power cable for drive.
  3. Try connecting that 2nd drive, in someone else's Windows machine & see if it also gives any error.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS