Question 2 HDMI ports to 1 Headset?

gibsonstu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
Hi guys, i will explain what im trying to do.
I have my PC on HDMI 1 of my monitor, and my XBOX on HDMI 2. My speakers are plugged into my monitor, and headset into my PC sound jacks.
Currently when im on HDMI 1 (pc) my sound comes through my headset unless i switch to speakers which are plugged into the monitor. I use my PC for xbox party chat on my headset for simplicity because i use discord etc on PC, and i dont want to keep switching my headset between my pc and my xbox pad.
Now.... when i switch to HDMI 2 to play xbox, the xbox sound comes through my speakers via the monitor (but party chat still coming from my pc through my headset). What i want is for that Xbox audio to also come through my headset along with my xbox party chat via PC.

How can i do this please?
Thanks

gibsonstu

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2012
the only way i see it working right is you will have to connect your headset to you monitor somehow. your XBOX is independent from your PC so there is no way to combine the audio signals
That wont work though surely, as when i switch from hdmi 1 to the xbox on hdmi 2 there will be no sound from the monitor from the hdmi 1? so it wont come through the headset?

TRENDING THREADS