2 internet 1 pc

Xenas2127

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016
Lets say I have 2 internet (internet A and Internet B) they both have 10mbps but internet A's upload isn't that great but internet B's upload is better (capable of streaming). now i want to use internet A for my games and Internet B to stream. Is it possible? and if so how?

*I have my primary network plugged on my motherboard and the second network on a pci network card*

Solution
You can do it but it tends to be rather tedious.

So step 1 is to choose a router to be your default connection that is going to do most the traffic....most unique web sites not the most bandwidth necessarily. Let say you use 192.168.1.1 as the lan ip and run dhcp like normal but exclude 192.168.1.2 from the pool.

Step 2 is to configure the second router to some ip like 192.168.1.2 and disable the DHCP. Plug the lan connection together between the routers.

So now the tedious part. Get a list of all the ip addresses on the internet you wish to use your secondary connection. Unfortunately the dns mapping to ip does not always stay the same for some very advanced sites using things like akami so it may take a number of passes...

Xenas2127

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

How do i do that?

Xenas2127

Commendable
Jul 24, 2016

but i need them both to be running

You can do it but it tends to be rather tedious.

So step 1 is to choose a router to be your default connection that is going to do most the traffic....most unique web sites not the most bandwidth necessarily. Let say you use 192.168.1.1 as the lan ip and run dhcp like normal but exclude 192.168.1.2 from the pool.

Step 2 is to configure the second router to some ip like 192.168.1.2 and disable the DHCP. Plug the lan connection together between the routers.

So now the tedious part. Get a list of all the ip addresses on the internet you wish to use your secondary connection. Unfortunately the dns mapping to ip does not always stay the same for some very advanced sites using things like akami so it may take a number of passes.

For each ip use the ROUTE command and do ROUTE ADD XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX mask 255.255.255.255 192.168.1.2 If you understand subnet masks you can put ranges in to reduce the number of route commands you need to add.

Do not get too ambitious you start getting huge number like 100 or so and it will affect the performance of your machine. You would want a dual ISP router but you would pretty much do the same thing set a default and then put in a list of ip to use the secondary.

You will get to learn all about how the sites you use actually work. Things like game companies have login servers and game machine servers if you access them from different internet connection they will kick you off.

Solution