[SOLVED] 2 large thick pink error lines (NEED HELP BADLY)

Dec 25, 2019
So I just got this GPU from Newegg for Christmas, Merry Christmas btw. The exact GPU name on Newegg was
"MSI Radeon RX 580 DirectX 12 RX 580 4G 4GB 256-Bit GDDR5 PCI Express x16 CrossFireX Support Video Card" It's a REFURBISHED GPU
My specs are 700W thermal take PSU, G.Skill 16GB 3200Ghz DDR4, Ryzen 3 2200/Stealth cooler and a Asus prime b450 motherboard.
So the pink lines happen only when plugged into the gpu, the fans are all on. I reset the BIOS just incase, I updated an unknown video driver.
It boots into windows and works and everything but those lines are still there, and the device manager says nothing is detected like not even a display port section. It also runs really slow, another thing is when I boot it up the first like 3-4 seconds there's a bunch of repeated symbols, think I saw like SKULLS and CROSSES they would all be repeated probably like 30 or so on my screen they also had small pink lines after them. The system does boot into the motherboard and uses onboard graphics.
EDIT: The symbols that show are many like lots and lots, numbers, letters, symbols etc etc.

Last edited:
Solution
It boots into windows and works and everything but those lines are still there, and the device manager says nothing is detected like not even a display port section. It also runs really slow, another thing is when I boot it up the first like 3-4 seconds there's a bunch of repeated symbols, think I saw like SKULLS and CROSSES they would all be repeated probably like 30 or so on my screen they also had small pink lines after them.
EDIT: The symbols that show are many like lots and lots, numbers, letters, symbols etc etc.
That card is no good and is beyond your ability to fix. Those skulls and crossbones are literally a sign of gpu death.
Get your money back.

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It boots into windows and works and everything but those lines are still there, and the device manager says nothing is detected like not even a display port section. It also runs really slow, another thing is when I boot it up the first like 3-4 seconds there's a bunch of repeated symbols, think I saw like SKULLS and CROSSES they would all be repeated probably like 30 or so on my screen they also had small pink lines after them.
That card is no good and is beyond your ability to fix. Those skulls and crossbones are literally a sign of gpu death.
Get your money back.

Reactions: SirBobio
Solution
Dec 25, 2019
Get your money back.
Get your money back.
Thanks for the reply man, I appreciate you taking time out of your day. I'm going to do just that, I came to that same assumption since it didn't make any sense as to why it was happening. Now that I know that idea is supported and true I'm definitely going to do that.

Reactions: Phaaze88