[SOLVED] 2 Mice, Only 1 Works at a Time

rockenman11

Reputable
Oct 1, 2017
Hi, I have 2 mice, One is a Bloody7 Mouse, and the other is a Cobra E-Blue Mouse. Only 1 of them works at a time. What I mean by that is my Cobra mouse takes priority when both is plugged in, if I want to get the Bloody7 mouse to work I have to go into Device manager and uninstall the device of the very bottom mouse at the list. The Bloody7 Mouse now works. To switch back I have to unplug the Bloody7 mouse. I have 3 HID-compliant mouse listed under mouse, when only 2 are plugged in. How do I fix this so I can have both mice running at the same time?
Device Manager Photo: https://pasteboard.co/K2eg4pD.png
Device that I need to Unistall for Bloody7 Mouse to work: https://pasteboard.co/K2egXta.png

rockenman11

Reputable
Oct 1, 2017
how is that supposed to work?

you only have 1 cursor so they would both be trying to use it if both sets of drivers worked at same time. although some of these get past that - https://www.raymond.cc/blog/install-multiple-mouse-and-keyboard-on-one-computer/
I only want to have 1 cursor on the screen at a time, but both mice can't control the 1 cursor at the same time, only 1 of the mice can control the cursor at a time. I.E: In order for my Bloody7 mouse to work I have to uninstall 1 of the three devices shown in the picture. Then will my Bloody7 mouse work. But by doing that my Cobra mouse doesn't work anymore. To fix this I have to unplug my Bloody7 mouse from the usb. Then will the Cobra mouse work. There are also 3 devices shown on the mice detected. I only have 2 plugged in. How can I fix both these problems?

Colif

Win 11 Master
why do you need 2 mice?

why not you get 2 mice made by the same company, then you wouldn't have to mess with drivers each time to get them to work.

I will help, i have already looked for answers, just trying to work it out.

how is that supposed to work?

you only have 1 cursor so they would both be trying to use it if both sets of drivers worked at same time. although some of these get past that - https://www.raymond.cc/blog/install-multiple-mouse-and-keyboard-on-one-computer/
It works for me with a mouse and a 360 controller over joytokey (so I can control the desktop from farther away) , whichever I move moves the cursor with no need to disconnect one for the other to work.

This is probably a driver issue or the software of one of the mice just cuts off any other input.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
I only want to have 1 cursor on the screen at a time, but both mice can't control the 1 cursor at the same time, only 1 of the mice can control the cursor at a time. I.E: In order for my Bloody7 mouse to work I have to uninstall 1 of the three devices shown in the picture. Then will my Bloody7 mouse work. But by doing that my Cobra mouse doesn't work anymore. To fix this I have to unplug my Bloody7 mouse from the usb. Then will the Cobra mouse work. There are also 3 devices shown on the mice detected. I only have 2 plugged in. How can I fix both these problems?

I thought that's how it's supposed to work? Whenever I have my wireless mouse on and went to use my wired one, I need to turn off the wireless one for the wired to work. I think Windows just expects one pointing device at any one time.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I thought that's how it's supposed to work? Whenever I have my wireless mouse on and went to use my wired one, I need to turn off the wireless one for the wired to work. I think Windows just expects one pointing device at any one time.
i expect it is how its meant to work, he just wants to use both mice for some reason. I just use same mouse for everything. He might have a good reason...

ideally the drivers shouldn't stop him using one if other isn't plugged in at startup. I mean, fast startup might reload other drivers if you startup with different mouse, but it shouldn't. it should default to stock drivers if you log on with a mouse it doesn't know.

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
i expect it is how its meant to work, he just wants to use both mice for some reason. I just use same mouse for everything. He might have a good reason...

ideally the drivers shouldn't stop him using one if other isn't plugged in at startup. I mean, fast startup might reload other drivers if you startup with different mouse, but it shouldn't. it should default to stock drivers if you log on with a mouse it doesn't know.

Ideally yeah. A user wanting to have two mice (let's say one is for gaming, and one for productivity) shouldn't be an edge case. I have no idea why Microsoft does it so that only one mouse input is interpreted by the OS.

I thought of using a G502 or Naga for productivity since it has all the buttons that I need, and a light, G102 type of mouse for when I play FPSes. No dice, but I also haven't looked into 3rd party software that (you'd think) someone would have come up with in all these years. Just ended up playing my games with a G502.

Colif

Win 11 Master
there is no switch in windows that lets you tell it which mouse you want to use. If you have one and attach another, its likely to just use what is there.

Unplugging it and putting other in should be all you need to do. the device id of the new mouse should match the drivers. the 1st mouses drivers shouldn't even load. op doesn't want to use both at once, just wants to swap with having to reinstall drivers each time. It would seem to me his 1st mouses drivers aren't written all that well.

when you swap, do you unplug one before plugging in another?

putting a new one in at startup may not work if you use fast startup, as it loads the previously loaded drivers which would be expecting the other mouse. Turning fast startup off fixes that but if you have a hdd, you notice the difference.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

I thought of using a G502 or Naga for productivity since it has all the buttons that I need, and a light, G102 type of mouse for when I play FPSes. No dice, but I also haven't looked into 3rd party software that (you'd think) someone would have come up with in all these years. Just ended up playing my games with a G502.
do you mean having them both attached at once? i would have thought you could swap logitech mice easier.

Last edited:

iPeekYou

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2014
there is no switch in windows that lets you tell it which mouse you want to use. If you have one and attach another, its likely to just use what is there.

Unplugging it and putting other in should be all you need to do. the device id of the new mouse should match the drivers. the 1st mouses drivers shouldn't even load. op doesn't want to use both at once, just wants to swap with having to reinstall drivers each time. It would seem to me his 1st mouses drivers aren't written all that well.

when you swap, do you unplug one before plugging in another?

putting a new one in at startup may not work if you use fast startup, as it loads the previously loaded drivers which would be expecting the other mouse. Turning fast startup off fixes that but if you have a hdd, you notice the difference.
https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/4189-turn-off-fast-startup-windows-10-a.html

do you mean having them both attached at once? i would have thought you could swap logitech mice easier.
Yeah both of them plugged in that I can just use the other mouse on the fly. Never discovered how Logitech mice can do the swap thing, I didn't buy a G102 and I tested my hypothesis with a G502 and a cheap mouse I have lying around.

Unplugging and replugging mice get old real quick I imagine. Can just be my lazy bum though.